Here's what the NRA had to say about the March for Our Lives

Sep 2012
SoCal
Sooo...according to NRA, the only way to keep kids safe from guns is to join the organization pushing for more guns...something stinks.

Here's what the NRA had to say about the March for Our Lives
On Facebook Saturday morning, the NRA posted a short membership-drive video along with a brief message.

"Stand and Fight for our Kids' Safety by Joining NRA," it said. "Today's protests aren't spontaneous. Gun-hating billionaires and Hollywood elites are manipulating and exploiting children as part of their plan to DESTROY the Second Amendment and strip us of our right to defend ourselves and our loved ones."

On Twitter, however, the NRA was conspicuously silent.

As of mid-afternoon on the East Coast, when most of the marches were over, the National Rifle Association had yet to post a single tweet Saturday -- about the marches or anything else.

...MORE...

Sep 2012
SoCal
The two incidents have little in common, except a gun was used. Comparing a boy with a handgun shooting his ex-GF is not the same as a boy with an AR-15 killing as many as he can. I don't think that Gaskill would have rushed to confront Cruz. These kids are victims who aren't marching for celebrity.

NRA host taunts Parkland teens: ‘No one would know your names’ if classmates were still alive
The latest attack came from Colion Noir, a host on NRATV who took to the airwaves on the eve of the Parkland teens-led March on Washington, telling them: “No one would know your names” if a student gunman hadn’t stormed into their school and killed three staff members and 14 students.

[...]

"To all the kids from Parkland getting ready to use your First Amendment to attack everyone else’s Second Amendment at your march on Saturday, I wish a hero like Blaine Gaskill had been at Marjory Douglas High School last month because your classmates would still be alive and no one would know your names, because the media would have completely and utterly ignored your story, the way they ignored his,” Noir said.

...more...

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
The two incidents have little in common, except a gun was used. Comparing a boy with a handgun shooting his ex-GF is not the same as a boy with an AR-15 killing as many as he can. I don't think that Gaskill would have rushed to confront Cruz. These kids are victims who aren't marching for celebrity.

NRA host taunts Parkland teens: ‘No one would know your names’ if classmates were still alive
How is he wrong? Wouldn't you have rather had the attack have been prevented?
The difference between the two incidents is that one had a real cop at the scene and the other had incompetent cowards.
And yet not one word about holding the Broward County sheriffs accountable at the march.

Sep 2012
SoCal
I really don't understand people villifying the NRA who didn't shoot anyone while they make excuses for the cowardly incompetent Broward sheriffs.
I made no excuses for the cowardly cops. I said that the two incidents had only the gun in common, and I doubt that the cop who confronted the kid with the handgun would have run in to an active shooting by the kid with the AR-15. I stand by that.