Hero pilot and Republican ‘Sully’ Sullenberger blasts Trump

Jul 2017
U.S.A.
Well said sir...

Hero pilot and Republican ‘Sully’ Sullenberger blasts Trump — without saying his name

"As captain, I ultimately was responsible for everything that happened,” Chelsey “Sully” Sullenberger wrote of the famous “Miracle on the Hudson” crash landing. “Had even one person not survived, I would have considered it a tragic failure that I would have felt deeply for the rest of my life. To navigate complex challenges, all leaders must take responsibility and have a moral compass grounded in competence, integrity and concern for the greater good.”
In American politics, Sullenberger wrote, “too many people in power are projecting the worst.”

“Many are cowardly, complicit enablers, acting against the interests of the United States, our allies and democracy; encouraging extremists at home and emboldening our adversaries abroad; and threatening the livability of our planet,” he wrote.

“Many do not respect the offices they hold,” Sullenberger added. “They lack — or disregard — a basic knowledge of history, science and leadership; and they act impulsively, worsening a toxic political environment.”
Sullenberger noted that although he’s been a Republican for most of his life, he’s always “voted as an American.”

“This critical Election Day,” the hero pilot wrote, “I will do so by voting for leaders committed to rebuilding our common values and not pandering to our basest impulses.”

The United States has “lost what in the military we call unit cohesion” and normalized an “absence of civic virtues.”

Mar 2010
Indiana
I wish more republicans would speak out. Especially congress critters.

Steve Schmidt, a republican, says the present generation of republican politicians are the most cowardly politicians we've ever had. He says they refuse to speak out because they are afraid of Trump and how it will cost them votes.

Re-election and party first, principals and country last.

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
I wish more republicans would speak out. Especially congress critters.

Steve Schmidt, a republican, says the present generation of republican politicians are the most cowardly politicians we've ever had. He says they refuse to speak out because they are afraid of Trump and how it will cost them votes.

Re-election and party first, principals and country last.
MC CONNELL and RYAN are spineless pieces of REPUBLICAN garbage. They sold their souls for FEAR of a TWEET.