High Fashion Corps of Russia lmao

The Man

Former Staff
Jul 2011
Toronto
Among of the important customs among the conscripts in the Russian Army and Navy, when your mandatory two year term comes to an end (unless you sign a contract to keep serving, as a professional soldier, after that), is to fancy up your uniform for your homecoming as a dembel ("demobilized"); mostly, they do it themselves, though, these days, apparently, there are actually companies who can do that FOR you, on order, and ship you your souped up uniform straight to your base lol

Here are some masterpieces for your viewing pleasure:

Army & Marines (Black Berets)

Navy sailors

Last one is Coast Guard, I believe (FSB Coast Guard patch on his arm there; and on other side, you can see two jacks on his chest, red for Navy (no, that's not an American Confederate flag lmao) and green for Coast Guard, perhaps he served in the Navy first, and then transferred).

Emergency Situations Forces (fire-fighters, rescue, and relief)

Airborne, back home with mom, aww :)

That's rare though, for Airborne; Paratroopers rarely do that, actually, they don't need to show off so much, they get the hot chicks anyhow

;)

Anyway, it's not just Russia either; it's a ex-USSR-wide thing:

Kazakhstan

Ukraine

Belarus

Etc haha

Sep 2012
SoCal
Among of the important customs among the conscripts in the Russian Army and Navy, when your mandatory two year term comes to an end (unless you sign a contract to keep serving, as a professional soldier, after that), is to fancy up your uniform for your homecoming as a dembel ("demobilized"); mostly, they do it themselves, though, these days, apparently, there are actually companies who can do that FOR you, on order, and ship you your souped up uniform straight to your base lol

Here are some masterpieces for your viewing pleasure:

Army & Marines (Black Berets)

Navy sailors

Last one is Coast Guard, I believe (FSB Coast Guard patch on his arm there; and on other side, you can see two jacks on his chest, red for Navy (no, that's not an American Confederate flag lmao) and green for Coast Guard, perhaps he served in the Navy first, and then transferred).

Emergency Situations Forces (fire-fighters, rescue, and relief)

Airborne, back home with mom, aww :)

That's rare though, for Airborne; Paratroopers rarely do that, actually, they don't need to show off so much, they get the hot chicks anyhow

;)

Anyway, it's not just Russia either; it's a ex-USSR-wide thing:

Kazakhstan

Ukraine

Belarus

Etc haha
Don't see the appeal. To me they just look comical and ridiculous.

Jul 2018
North Carolina
These uniforms make me think of what 1970's Elvis would wear if he had his choice of military uniforms. Holy big collar Batman. LOL