High schooler who posted Bible verses in response to pride flags suspended for 'targeting' Gay-Straight Alliance club

Dec 2014
Opal mining
One of the many factors that contributed to the fall of the Roman Empire was the rise of a new religion, Christianity.
Incorrect. The Roman Empire lasted over a thousand years after Christianity became the religion of the empire.

They should have never persecuted Christians by throwing them in the Lions Den. Nero went crazy while Rome burned.
That is the populist account which never had any credence among serious historians. Robert Graves is responsible for the modern populist stance and he employed Suetonius as his primary source, and few historians take this source seriously. The persecutions have been inflated by the Church, and Nero did not 'go crazy' after the fire. If you read Tacitus, you will get a less sensationalist account of the time. At least you didn't post the lie that 'he fiddled while Rome burned'.

Thanks to Constantine Christianity grew and partially led to Rome’s collapse.
Incorrect. Rome didn't 'fall', it transformed and the Eastern Empire centred around Constantinople, the 'New Rome', lasted under Imperial rule until Mehmet took the city in 1453 (which of course triggered the Renaissance in the West owing to the refugees carrying the vast corpus of knowledge with them as they fled).

Last edited:
Nov 2016
Maryland
Posting something on a bulletin board is not meddling in the business of others. They are free to read or not read what she posted.
Actually it is. She is sending an ugly, hateful message that is tantamount to bullying. One favorite bully tactic is to belittle someone else, which she did with her comments about gays needing “healing (from being gay). All in the name of Christian love.[sarcasm]

Nov 2016
Maryland
Incorrect. The Roman Empire lasted over a thousand years after Christianity became the religion of the empire.

That is the populist account that isn't held to be correct anymore. Graves read and used Suetonius as his primary source and few historians take him all that seriously. The persecutions have been inlfated by the Church. Nero did not 'go crazy' after the fire and if you read Tacitus, you will get a less sensationalist account of the time.

Incorrect. Rome didn't 'fall', it transformed and the Eastern Empire centred around Constantinople (note the name), the 'New Rome' lasted until 1453.
I guess you didn’t take Revisionist History 101. [sarcasm]

Sorry about the sarcasm. The comments being made by so-called Christians, who do contortions of illogic to create a moral basis for their behaving in a way that has to make Jesus weep, just astonishes me.

Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
Actually it is. She is sending an ugly, hateful message that is tantamount to bullying. One favorite bully tactic is to belittle someone else, which she did with her comments about gays needing “healing (from being gay). All in the name of Christian love.[sarcasm]
Now, bible verses are ugly hateful messages?

Who would have thought?

Dec 2014
Opal mining
Did you come up with that all by yourself?
Of course I did, for I possess an education. Do you understand the definition of a Straw Man argument?

And, I don't care if any leftists take me seriously.
Who cares about leftists? For that group is irrelevant to the point. Is that your rehearsed response?

That's how I feel about your posts.
And I'm supposed to care?

Explain what is hateful about bible verses? So far, you have ignored the question.
Obviously, it's not the verses themselves behind the post, but the intent and sentiment behind the action. The focus upon the verses is simply an attempt to build a Straw Man.