High schooler who posted Bible verses in response to pride flags suspended for 'targeting' Gay-Straight Alliance club

Oct 2013
USA
If someone is running for class President and she places 'Vote for me' notes on the board with permission, would it be rude for another student to use God by posting notes that are insulting to the student that is running?

More important, what if the gay student or the student running for class president are a different religion or for that matter the same religion, how would that rude act impact them? It was not a kind act. In fact it sadly lacked empathy over how that act might hurt an innocent student and it was unnecessary. Those who believe in God should not use God to hurt the feelings of fellow students for an agenda.

Nov 2008
Washington state
If someone is running for class President and she places 'Vote for me' notes on the board with permission, would it be rude for another student to use God by posting notes that are insulting to the student that is running?

More important, what if the gay student or the student running for class president are a different religion or for that matter the same religion, how would that rude act impact them? It was not a kind act. In fact it sadly lacked empathy over how that act might hurt an innocent student and it was unnecessary. Those who believe in God should not use God to hurt the feelings of fellow students for an agenda.
Sometimes speaking the truth hurts people. Martin Luther King spoke the truth because black people were being harmed by white people. He was killed standing for the truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
Yes The Fall of the Roman Empire [ushistory.org]
Read it yourself

That's out of date and now considered specious, and it has been for some time. Did you not read Old Gaffer's post and link? That's the modern take and not that of Gibbon some three centuries ago.

The western empire existed for quite some time after Christianity became the state religion and for over a thousand years in the East. These 'facts' negate Gibbon's belief system from the eighteenth century.

There were Christians in the Roman Army as early as 141AD, and the religion grew until it became the state religion in 324. The empire continued in the west until 476, and many once considered that the rise of Christianity contributed to the decline, but modern scholars now believe otherwise for the economic and military pressures were far more urgent and destructive to the Roman way of life, and the fact that the empire continued in the East for another thousand years really makes a mockery of Gibbon's theory. The Roman Empire continued as a Christian empire until 1453 and the capital was Constantinople, the 'New Rome' founded by Constantine in 330.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
That has nothing to do with the motto under discussion.

I have never once been involved in a court case against Christians.

Says the guy who doesn't understand a single word I wrote.
Your attitude spreads to other individuals. This attitude was rebuked by the Supreme Court when the Colorado Civil Rights Commission created “Animus” towards Jack Phillips. They backed off the recent case because Phillips lawyer found more Animus coming from the Commission. Keep it up, Christians will win future cases and ultimately a Supreme Court ruling that gives bakers the right to choose who they design cakes for

Jun 2010
Ohio
LGBT flags are that community's expression of pride, in the face of traditional prejudice and discrimination against them. Your point?

This girl could simply go about her day and nobody would have noticed her. Instead, she decided to get herself some attention off and online. Mission accomplished lol
If they can express themselves in public why cant she?