Hillary Clinton quip

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
....normal, rational, reasoned, and tolerant people know racism when they see it.
We certainly do. That's why you'll have to take my word on it that Clinton's comments weren't racist. If you're looking for instances of racism to complain about, how about starting the search with Trump, who is so prone to such behavior that even the leading Republican in 2016 accused him of "textbook racism."

Aug 2016
CA
This isn't Hillary's first racial statement. She has made many
Just to give a nod here's a nice quote from her
Sep 16, 2016 · "By the way, I personally think a taco truck on every corner sounds absolutely delicious,"- Hillary Clinton@ The Congressional Hispanic conference

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
Sep 16, 2016 · "By the way, I personally think a taco truck on every corner sounds absolutely delicious,"- Hillary Clinton@ The Congressional Hispanic conference
That's a leftie joke. You wouldn't understand.

But you keep on running against the 2016 candidate. The rest of us will move on to 2020. Enjoy reliving your glory days!

Aug 2016
CA
That's a leftie joke. You wouldn't understand.

But you keep on running against the 2016 candidate. The rest of us will move on to 2020. Enjoy reliving your glory days!
You won't be moving on anywhere if all you can show is a hate Trump agenda. Your party is the one that needs to get over it. Lefty racist joke? Ok

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
You bring up an excellent example that points out just how ridiculous right-wingers are. They are either ignorant of the context of that comment, or too stupid to think it through. On the off chance you fall in the ignorant category, I'll help you out by teaching you the context. This stems from an event where a leader of a pro-Trump organization went on national TV and described the Mexican culture as "very dominant," and argued that "it's imposing and it's causing problems. If you don't do something about it, you're going to have taco trucks on every corner." Clinton's responded by thanking a Latino group she was speaking to, saying that "You’ve stayed focused no matter what kind of outlandish and offensive comments we’ve heard from my opponent and his supporters. By the way, I personally think a taco truck on every corner sounds absolutely delicious." Right-wingers, of course, have cynically pulled that comment out of context, so that it isn't immediately clear that she was arguing against the fear-mongering of Trump supporters who are paranoid about what growing Latino culture would mean.

Sep 2017
Massachusetts
You won't be moving on anywhere if all you can show is a hate Trump agenda. Your party is the one that needs to get over it. Lefty racist joke? Ok
Now that I've made it so you're no longer ignorant of the context of that comment, will you apologize for wrongly characterizing it as racist?

Jun 2018
US
Now that I've made it so you're no longer ignorant of the context of that comment, will you apologize for wrongly characterizing it as racist?
I won't. Most of the MSM did not run the story to protect her . They knew it would been seen as racist.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
* This offer not valid with Donald Trump. Rules and restrictions do not apply to this individual, see "misogyny 101" for further clarification."

:mad:
But thats in part optics as well. Some consider Trump a reality star, who is an entertainer. So they figure he knows nothing about politics and they expect him to say stupid untrue things for attention. Its kind of like if Snookie became president, what would you expect of her? Clinton, on the other hand, is a highly educated woman who has spent a lifetime in law and politics so she knows the game in excruciating detail. Is there a double standard? You bet. But when we have people saying half the voters are dumb and uneducated there is a perception that they will believe anything and so when they do, people just shrug. But if you are a Clinton, thats not accepted or tolerated. More than half her supporters were college educated white collar professionals so they are held to a certain standard. You wouldnt expect the same optic from a mechanic vs a surgeon so this isnt really different. GW Bush, who was considered a bit of a buffoon, also had poor optics. Many couldnt figure out how the wealthy son of a famous Ivy league family could behave that way. He often was referred to as the black sheep of the family.