Hillary Clinton Used Similar Tactics to Trump, Against Obama in 2008

Aug 2014
gone
Donald Trump Utilizes Racism, but Hillary Clinton Used Similar Tactics Against Obama in 2008*|*H. A. Goodman

The truth is that Hillary Clinton utilized race and Islamophobia against Barack Obama in 2008, even though Democrats aren't supposed to reach into this well of prejudice and ignorance.
Barack Obama's campaign team today accused Hillary Clinton's beleaguered staff of mounting a desperate dirty tricks operation by circulating a picture of him in African dress, feeding into false claims on US websites that he is a Muslim.

Obama's campaign manager, David Plouffe, described it as "the most shameful, offensive fear-mongering we've seen from either party in this election." Obama has had to spend much of the campaign stressing he is a Christian not a Muslim and did not study at a madrassa.
The picture showing Obama in a turban during a visit to Kenya in 2006 first appeared on the Drudge Report website today.
The site said it was circulated by Clinton's staffers and quoted one saying: "Wouldn't we be seeing this on the cover of every magazine if it were [Clinton]?"

Get ready for the defense attorneys among Clinton supporters to explain why circulating the picture above wasn't a shameful misrepresentation utilizing Islamophobia, or why I must have an agenda for pointing out this fact.

When Patterson writes, "Clinton refused to state unambiguously that Mr. Obama is a Christian and has never been a Muslim," America saw a more nuanced version of Trump's vitriol.
Hillary Clinton, a Democrat, has accepted campaign donations from two major prison lobbyists, and Democrats and progressives have already acknowledged that racism plays a role in America's criminal justice system. The same people whose interests are to promote mass incarceration have helped fund Clinton's campaign, according to a Huffington Post article titled Hillary Clinton Says She'll End Private Prisons, Stop Accepting Their Money

So, in addition to utilizing an undercurrent of prejudice against Obama in 2008, Clinton has accepted money from prison lobbyists, at a time when race plays an overwhelming factor in sentencing and incarceration.
just different and shit, huh.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

Clinton makes case for wide appeal - USATODAY.com

What's the opposite of hard working whites?

Last edited:
Aug 2014
gone
"I have a much broader base to build a winning coalition on," she said in an interview with USA TODAY. As evidence, Clinton cited an Associated Press article "that found how Sen. Obama's support among working, hard-working Americans, white Americans, is weakening again, and how whites in both states who had not completed college were supporting me."

sounded like she was saying only whites are hard working. I wonder if she still thinks that?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more

I have a problem with any article that sites another article but doesn't link to that article. Also, you put an emphasis on this article mentioning whites, as if to put words in Hillary Clinton's mouth. The article doesn't even quote her exact words.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I have a problem with any article that sites another article but doesn't link to that article. Also, you put an emphasis on this article mentioning whites, as if to put words in Hillary Clinton's mouth. The article doesn't even quote her exact words.
That is a direct quote from Clinton. She cited an AP article while talking to USA Today.