Holding Obama's feet to the fire

metheron

Former Staff
Nov 2006
MI
So is anyone on the left of any substance going to challenge him in a primary? I keep hearing about accountability on the left and how they aren't afraid to voice disapproval. Does that end on the doorstep, or is someone going to mount a seriouos challenge?

If there is no serious challenge with so many on the left even unhappy, doesn't that just amount to lip service? I mean why would he worry about what you say if he knows there will be no challenge forthcoming anyway?

Nov 2008
Washington state
So is anyone on the left of any substance going to challenge him in a primary? I keep hearing about accountability on the left and how they aren't afraid to voice disapproval. Does that end on the doorstep, or is someone going to mount a seriouos challenge?

If there is no serious challenge with so many on the left even unhappy, doesn't that just amount to lip service? I mean why would he worry about what you say if he knows there will be no challenge forthcoming anyway?
I think Hillary with Bill at her side would a contention for the Democrat nominee. To bad Bill can't run again. He at least has a clue on how to fix our ailing economy. Hillary would need lots of help from Bill, but would be better then Obama by a long shot.
Whether she would step in and step on Obamas toes is another issue. She would need a prompting by the Democrat party to do so. At this point they can see their guy is in deep trouble, so it may be a possibility.

Who's going to challenge him, Hillary? Possible.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Clinton has already said she wont do it. I think its sort of funny to see so many GOPers drawing up scenarios where they won't have to beat President Obama. Losing faith in Perry? You still have Romney... and if you don't like him, you can always skip one and run Bachman. :p

Nov 2005
Richmond Va

I think I've stated my 2 cents on this issue.
I think we're only given a choice between Corporatist A (Red Team) and Coprporatist B (Blue team).
Even then, the Electorate College gets to decide which team wins... not that it matters.
The same sponsors benefit after the big Super Bowl game is over in November anyways.
Voting is just a ruse....I wonder when they're going to let people vote by cell phone for .50 cents a call?

Reactions: metheron
Jul 2011
Tennessee
no incumbent president has been challenged since kennedy did so against carter in 80' and reagan against ford in 76'. the parties just don't do it. these 2 elections show why you don't do it.... you loose.

Reactions: metheron
Nov 2005
Richmond Va
no incumbent president has been challenged since kennedy did so against carter in 80' and reagan against ford in 76'. the parties just don't do it. these 2 elections show why you don't do it.... you loose.
That's 'lose'.
Sorry, a pet peave.... and please don't call that rediculous either.
Carry on!

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine

yepp! (Add Nader 2000 to that, altho ur right, not a primary challenge)

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine

b/c as mtm noted, rational people know that's not a way of holding feet to the fire, it's a way of shooting yourself in the foot. Even Nader knows this now. He's trying to field a primary challenger, but states it is NOT to defeat Obama, and will only be in 20 states, then over.