Holy hell erupts on Capitol Hill after Speaker Ryan forces out House chaplain

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Holy hell erupts on Capitol Hill after Speaker Ryan forces out House chaplain
By John Parkinson

"Democrats called for an inquiry into the House chaplain’s forced resignation Friday as lawmakers on both sides of the aisle struggled to explain the popular priest’s dismissal at the behest of House Speaker Paul Ryan."
“It's really a black stain on the House of Representatives and on Paul Ryan, and he has to account for himself,” Rep. Gerald Connolly, D-Va., said. “It's not any kind of gracious way to treat a man of God who has served the House for seven years ably and well.”

====================================================

It's interesting to note that there was no talk of anyone replacing the priest in giving the invocation at the House. I hope they get to the bottom of this matter as Paul Ryan should have been more forthcoming in his explnation of why the priest was removed. Does this mean he does not like Catholics? Does this mean he does not like prayer in the House of Representatives? Or does this mean that he is simply just mean-spirited, has a chip on his shoulder and wanted to use this as one of his last acts before he leaves Congress?

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
LMAO ....

The Democrats whining about expelling a man of God.

That's too funny.

OK ...

Back to the topic.

Why did Ryan oust this guy?

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
even though, I agree with the basic arguments regarding this chaplain...I just have to ask.
What ever happened to "Separation of Church and State"?

Last edited:
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
Aren't Republicans disgusting to believe that Democrats or Liberals cannot also be good, caring Christians. How naive and shallow-minded of them but then again consider the source. They feel only they can worship in this world and believe in God. But I've Got NEWS For Them!

Jan 2016
Colorado
LMAO ....

The Democrats whining about expelling a man of God.

That's too funny.

OK ...

Back to the topic.

Why did Ryan oust this guy?
Why? Here's why: Last November, during the debate over Trump's Big Tax Cut For Billionaires, the Reverend Patrick Conroy, the House Chaplain, offered up this highly subversive prayer on the House Floor: The Rev. Conroy prayed for lawmakers to make sure that "there are not winners and losers under new tax laws, but benefits balanced and shared by all Americans."

Conroy told The New York Times that shortly afterward Paul Ryan warned him "to stay out of politics".

Paul Ryan was RIGHT to fire this dadburned Communist Chaplain!! We cain't have us no Commienist chaplains in this hear United States of America!! This is AMERICA!!!