HOLY SHIT!! PENCE plane hard lands in NY. PILOT on the run from the law

Jul 2015
Florida
BREAKING: OKAY, we've got another FUCKING CRAZY STORY. Pence's plane went off the runway a little while ago. Landed, hard landed, bam--stopped dead PARALLEL to a road. Cars driving past. Gas station in full view. EVERYONE IS FINE!! 2ND HARD LANDING TO MAKE THE NEWS, apparently from Pence's pilot, I didn't hear about the first.

One of the NBC reporters imbeded in the Pence press corps. came over to 30 Rock from LeGuardia and was just on with MADDOW. Jokes are prevalent. How much longer will it be?? (As in before we die??)The pilot has made so many bad landings, even "hold your breath" types, that it's chatter among the press.

I have NO IDEA who hired this guy. WHY IS THE Secret Service allowing him to continue TO FLY THE VP CANDIDATE and why are they flying with this guy?

Now for the really BIZARRE PART. The pilot has been charged at least TWICE with assault--aiming his car at least 2 people THREATENING to mow them down and actually hitting them on 2 separate occasion AND failing to show up for court hearing and disappeared IF I understood Maddow right??

I'm going to dig. This is absolute fucking crazy!!

ADDENDUM: He workED for a commuter airline out of MIAMI. THE ONE WHO WAS PENCES 'CARRIER'. They fired him A MONTH AGO! The guy was a POLICE "lobbyist"?? I can't figure out what the hell he used to be??

So a guy charged with reckless assault twice, one for which he failed to show up for court, has been flying the VP CANDIDATE around the country, having had numerous 'scary episodes'. He's carrying Pence's family, press, secret service!!!

Are you fucking kidding me? I am going to ask the MOST OBVIOUS question?? Who the fuck does he know or who is he friends with??

Trump campaign police advocate fired from airline job after criminal charge

[FONT=&amp]
  • Vincent Caldara, who flew plane for Pence, accused of battery with weapo
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Vincent Caldara is seen behind Donald Trump, pointing to what appears to be a law enforcement badge. Photograph: C-Span

Jon Swaine@jonswaine

[FONT=&amp]Sunday 25 September 2016 17.14 EDTLast modified on Thursday 27 October 2016 09.16 EDT[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
This article is 1 month old
[/FONT]

Donald Trump’s campaign chairman for police supporters in a key swing state, who was also a pilot for the Republican presidential campaign, has been fired from his job after the Guardian disclosed that he is charged with a violent crime.
[FONT=&amp]ld Trump's police: officers backing Republican have murky legal historie[/FONT]
Vincent Caldara, a retired police officer and chair of Trump’s Florida law enforcement coalition, will no longer fly vice-presidential nominee Mike Pence to rallies across the US. He is accused of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Caldara, 55, allegedly drove his car at a man repeatedly, knocking the man to the ground, causing him severe physical injuries and leaving him with more than $200,000 of medical bills. Caldara has pleaded not guilty.

He is also accused of seriously injuring a woman by recklessly driving his Harley-Davidson motorcycle into her, in a separate incident. The woman has sued Caldara, but according to court filings, officials have been unable to locate him to serve him with legal papers.

Eastern Air Lines, the Miami-based company that supplies Pence’s campaign plane and pilots, confirmed Caldara’s departure.

“Mr Caldara is no longer employed by Eastern Air Lines. We wish him well in his future endeavors,” chief executive Ed Wegel said in an email. “Eastern has no further comment on this to respect everyone’s privacy.”...

[/FONT]
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/25/trump-campaign-pence-pilot-vincent-caldara-police-advocate

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
Here's the CNN article:

Plane carrying Mike Pence skids off runway - CNNPolitics.com

A plane carrying Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence skidded off a runway Thursday night as it landed at LaGuardia Airport in New York.

There were no reported injuries in the rough landing, which occurred on a rainy Thursday evening in the city.

The press pool in the back of the aircraft could feel the plane fishtailing as it touched down and sliding off the runway before coming to a very sharp halt in the grass off the side of the runway.

-----

Glad no one was hurt. Had to be scary.

Reactions: 2 people

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Here's the CNN article:

A plane carrying Republican vice presidential nominee Mike Pence skidded off a runway Thursday night as it landed at LaGuardia Airport in New York.

There were no reported injuries in the rough landing, which occurred on a rainy Thursday evening in the city.

The press pool in the back of the aircraft could feel the plane fishtailing as it touched down and sliding off the runway before coming to a very sharp halt in the grass off the side of the runway.

-----

Indeed.

Sep 2016
My own world
What is anybody on the right going to blame Hillary for attempted murder? They blame her for everything else. Might as well throw this in too. It might take 1 year and 10 million tax payer dollars to come up empty, but hey, the right is used to it by now.

Anyway, glad everyone is OK now back to the campaign trail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2015
Florida
Here's the POLITICO article from last month. I'll state the OBVIOUS again, why in the hell is this guy flying PENCE and 'federal agents' around?? The article says PENCE'S camp has distanced themselves from this guy? Yet he was flying the plane tonight??

Pence charter pilot fired, facing assault charges
By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM 09/27/16 11:12 AM EDT

A pilot who ferried GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence, his family, staff, secret service contingent and traveling press has been fired following revelations that he faces criminal charges for intentionally hitting a man with his car.

The pilot, Vincent Caldara, is a former police officer and chairman of Trump's Florida Law Enforcement Coalition. The news of Caldara’s criminal charges was first reported by The Guardian in an article on potential criminal activities of some of those in law enforcement supporting Trump.

“I’m a very strong Trump supporter, I’m a retired law enforcement officer, and I’m currently on Governor Mike Pence’s flight operations team as one of his pilots during the campaign,” Caldara told a crowd at the opening of a Trump campaign office in Brevard County in early September. “Donald Trump and Governor Mike Pence are the law and order candidates.”

Pence’s camp distanced itself from Caldara: “All of our pilots are assigned by the airline,” Pence spokesman Marc Lotter told POLITICO...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/pence-charter-pilot-vincent-caldara-228785

Last edited:
Jul 2015
Florida
What is anybody on the right going to blame Hillary for attempted murder? They blame her for everything else. Might as well throw this in too. It might take 1 year and 10 million tax payer dollars to come up empty, but hey, the right is used to it by now.

Anyway, glad everyone is OK now back to the campaign trail.
There's a serious story not the least of which WHY MY STATE didn't pursue this guy on the assault charges and let him walk?

Stay tuned, there is much more coming out of the this. As a Floridian, I want to know who this guy represented as a 'law enforcement' advocate??? Where's Bondi, where's Trump in all this?

Jul 2015
Florida
Okay, the reporter says this was a different PILOT on this flight tonight. He doesn't "know who this gentleman" was flying this flight tonight. I'm glad the guy who ran over people and has some TRUMP connection wasn't 'at the wheel', but DAMN, how many bad pilots does this airline have that reporers make jokes about 'how long they have'??

For anyone old enough, EASTERN AIRLINES used to be a big airline. Is this a residual of that or they just took the same name?

Jun 2016
Chicago
Here's the CNN article:

-----

So everyone is OK? No one hurt? Good to hear. Sounds like Pence did some good things there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Jul 2014
Border Fence
The plane is still stuck in the mud this morning...just like the Trump campaign.

TRUMP — PENCE

Going nowhere fast...