Hope Hicks to testify behind closed doors before House Judiciary next Wednesday.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
(CNN)Former White House aide Hope Hicks has agreed to testify next Wednesday behind closed doors, the House Judiciary Committee announced Wednesday.
The committee plans to release a transcript of the interview afterward.
The scheduled interview with Hicks, a longtime Trump campaign aide and former White House communications director, is the first case where a member of Trump's inner circle will appear before the committee as part of its investigation into possible obstruction of justice. The first official to be subpoenaed by the panel, former White House counsel Don McGahn, did not appear before the committee last month, prompting a vote in the House this week to go to court to enforce the subpoena.
Hope Hicks to testify behind closed doors before House Judiciary next Wednesday - CNNPolitics

ugggh. A transcript isn't going to cut it. If they can release a transcript then there's no reason to have a private hearing. Get some backbone Democrats.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
And???? same old crap, just a different day by the dems
exhibit "A"....this is exactly what I'm talking about . Without a public hearing It's pointless because we're dealing with a president that can shape reality at his whim, unless people can see it, ; hear it, with their own eyes and ears. And sometimes even then .

Jan 2019
southeast
exhibit "A"....this is exactly what I'm talking about . Without a public hearing It's pointless because we're dealing with a president that can shape reality at his whim, unless people can see it, ; hear it, with their own eyes and ears. And sometimes even then .
We have had 2-1/2 years of the bs and you libs cannot get over it. Move on. When I saw a compassionate speech about our 9/11 first responders beyStewart yesterday, I say to myself, move on and let's help these people. But instead, we had a day with Trump, Jr. testifiying. End of story.

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
You really think irrefutable evidence is going to change their minds of the deplorables? I don't think so, but the people who voted for Trump based on how awesome they think he was on The Apprentice are peeling off and a lot of regular order Republicans are likely to stay home in 2020 also.

The pile is getting smaller, one drop at a time.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
We have had 2-1/2 years of the bs and you libs cannot get over it. Move on. When I saw a compassionate speech about our 9/11 first responders beyStewart yesterday, I say to myself, move on and let's help these people. But instead, we had a day with Trump, Jr. testifiying. End of story.
all you seem to have is regurgitated Trump talking points. No "we" didn't have any oversight of the president for his first two years in office by this Congress. Presuming, you're referring to the Mueller report, that was an investigation done by the executive branch. Ending with a a cover up by his hand picked appointee. Not Congress. Congress is now doing it's job. The same way it did it's job during the Obama administrations when we had one hearing after another about Benghazi and Hillary Clinton's emails.

You'll talk all this trash about how we should all "move on". Then, in the very next breathe cheer on AG Barr investigating the investigators. Trump hasn't moved on. Barr hasn't moved on. The Democrats were given control of the House so that they could put a check on the Trump presidency. And that's exactly what they intend to do. If you've got a problem with how long it's taking then your problem is actually with Trump. He's the one that's dragging this out. You ought to be happy they aren't nearly as ruthless as the Republican's would be. I wish they were.