Hospitals know how to protect mothers. They just aren’t doing it.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Alison Young, USA TODAY
1:54 p.m. PDT July 27, 2018

Women want answers
Every year, thousands of women suffer life-altering injuries or die during childbirth because hospitals and medical workers skip safety practices known to head off disaster, a USA TODAY investigation has found.

snip

Yet hospitals, doctors and nurses across the country continue to ignore them, USA TODAY found.

As a result, women are left to bleed until their organs shut down. Their high blood pressure goes untreated until they suffer strokes. They die of preventable blood clots and untreated infections. Survivors can be left paralyzed or unable to have more children.

snip

Instead, the U.S. continues to watch other countries improve as it falls behind. Today, this is the most dangerous place in the developed world to give birth.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...mpsia-postpartum-hemorrhage-safety/546889002/

Right to life my a**! It that were true, this would be a national shame that motivates change. Instead certain Americans have been making excuses while America falls further, and further behind.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
Your link is dead.

And, just who conducted this "USA Investigation"?

Which hospitals were involved and in which cities .....

Uhm-Hmm .....

More fake news I suspect !!!

Sep 2013
On a hill
The story is also reported by CBS

"Experts say that about 50 percent of the deaths of women from childbirth-related causes could be prevented if they were given better medical care and that's a really surprising thing given that we're one of the wealthiest countries in the world and we spend so much on medical care. We're not just talking about the women who die, we're talking about 50,000 U.S. women who are suffering life-altering harms," USA Today investigative reporter Alison Young told "CBS This Morning" on Thursday.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-mos...on-finds/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=54760827

Jul 2014
Border Fence

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Right to life my a**! It that were true, this would be a national shame that motivates change. Instead certain Americans have been making excuses while America falls further, and further behind.
That is because "right to life" makes for better marketing than "pro-birth."

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk