House Democrats may ditch rule allowing lawmakers to keep, carry firearms on Capitol grounds

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
House Democrats may ditch rule allowing lawmakers to keep, carry firearms on Capitol grounds

I am with the Dems on this... why? Because there should not be two laws, one for elites and the other for peons. We should all be under the same law. I would add to this things like their health insurance. The best way to fix the ACA is to make the legislators use it, imo. These and all the rest... Congressmen are citizens like us, and they should not be treated differently under the law.

Nov 2014
North Carolina

I am with the Dems on this... why? Because there should not be two laws, one for elites and the other for peons. We should all be under the same law. I would add to this things like their health insurance. The best way to fix the ACA is to make the legislators use it, imo. These and all the rest... Congressmen are citizens like us, and they should not be treated differently under the law.
If I was a congressman I would want a gun to protect myself with. It wasn't that long ago when some deranged Bernie Sander's supporter tried to blow them all way at a baseball game.

It's a fair argument you make, I suppose. Though it's hard for me to get that bothered by it considering I doubt any assassin goes to the capital to shoot ordinary Americans. It's more likely their target will be a lawmaker or politician they disapprove of.