House Democrats open antitrust probe of tech industry including Facebook and Google

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
House Democrats on Monday launched a sweeping antitrust investigation of the nation's largest tech companies, including Google and Facebook, opening a new front against an industry that's increasingly under siege in Washington.

The action comes amid signs that the Trump administration is preparing to apply more scrutiny to the nation's tech giants, with the DOJ claiming jurisdiction over Google and Apple, and the Federal Trade Commission doing the same with Amazon and Facebook.

Democrats open antitrust probe of tech industry

Can't say I mind this.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
House Democrats on Monday launched a sweeping antitrust investigation of the nation's largest tech companies, including Google and Facebook, opening a new front against an industry that's increasingly under siege in Washington.

The action comes amid signs that the Trump administration is preparing to apply more scrutiny to the nation's tech giants, with the DOJ claiming jurisdiction over Google and Apple, and the Federal Trade Commission doing the same with Amazon and Facebook.

Democrats open antitrust probe of tech industry

Can't say I mind this.
I must be a Luddite, because I can't imagine how Google could be viewed as committing any anti-trust crime, certainly not with Facebook.

Price fixing? No. Tying? No. Monopoly? No. Etc.

Federal Crimes - Antitrust Violations

Seems to me we need new laws before we can attack these businesses.

Am I missing something?