House democrats propose pay raise for Congress

Mar 2019
TN
The main problem is that they would RATHER spend time investigating.

Far too much time is devoted into beating up on the "other side" and not enough to doing their "jobs" representing the American people...

But isn't oversight part of their job ?? Isn't part of "representing us" seeing that the president and the various agencies are doing their jobs and NOT doing anything illegal ???

Mueller made it VERY CLEAR that he was PROHIBITED, by DoJ policy, from filing an indictment against a sitting president. He also very clearly state that it was CONGRESS'S job to look at the evidence he had gathered as well as anything else they might find on their own, and decide if Trump has done anything wrong, well more specifically, illegal. SO how is congress supposed to do that if they don't investigate ??

Oddly I heard some of the same "complaints" from my parents and others during the Watergate investigation. Yet I don't think there are many people out there, now, that would still say Nixon was innocent ?? That it was all just a witch hunt ?? Do you ??

Jul 2014
midwest
But isn't oversight part of their job ?? Isn't part of "representing us" seeing that the president and the various agencies are doing their jobs and NOT doing anything illegal ???

Mueller made it VERY CLEAR that he was PROHIBITED, by DoJ policy, from filing an indictment against a sitting president. He also very clearly state that it was CONGRESS'S job to look at the evidence he had gathered as well as anything else they might find on their own, and decide if Trump has done anything wrong, well more specifically, illegal. SO how is congress supposed to do that if they don't investigate ??

Oddly I heard some of the same "complaints" from my parents and others during the Watergate investigation. Yet I don't think there are many people out there, now, that would still say Nixon was innocent ?? That it was all just a witch hunt ?? Do you ??
For about the THIRD TIME: They would RATHER investigate than legislate.

They should do both of course, but they spend far too much time trying to get the "other side".

That is, by far, their first priority.

Mar 2019
TN
For about the THIRD TIME: They would RATHER investigate than legislate.

They should do both of course, but they spend far too much time trying to get the "other side".

That is, by far, their first priority.

And my question to you is, do you only feel this way when the Dems are in charge ?? Or did you feel this way during the TEN Benghazi investigations ??

Jul 2014
midwest
And my question to you is, do you only feel this way when the Dems are in charge ?? Or did you feel this way during the TEN Benghazi investigations ??
It was ONLY 10?

Felt more like eleven, to me.

I have had an intense dislike for Congress for a very long time.

Way before Trump, Obama, Bush...

The only ones as bad as the scumbag Dems are the scumbag Repubs.

They mostly ALL suck.

Mar 2019
TN
It was ONLY 10?

Felt more like eleven, to me.

I have had an intense dislike for Congress for a very long time.

Way before Trump, Obama, Bush...

The only ones as bad as the scumbag Dems are the scumbag Repubs.

They mostly ALL suck.
Diapers and politicians should be changed often, and for the same reason !!! :)

Sep 2012
California
This seems to be going over like a lead balloon..

House spending leaders want to break a decadelong pay freeze and give members of Congress a cost-of-living bump that could pad their salaries with an extra $4,500 next year.

Congressional salaries have been frozen at about $174,000 since 2009, when Democrats controlled Congress and decided to suspend automatic cost-of-living increases while heading into the 2010 election year.

Under current law, lawmakers would receive a 2.6 percent pay adjustment, or $4,500, in January. But boosting congressional pay is always politically difficult. “I think the American people would think that Congress ought to earn it first,” Senate Appropriations Chairman Richard Shelby (R-Ala.) told reporters this week.

House Democrats propose $4,500 pay raise for Congress
I wish I could be in the room when these boneheads decide to support stuff like this, its hard watching them screw up a full house, aces high. My lord.

Mar 2019
TN
Could not agree more!

Pelosi, McConnell, and Schumer should have been put out to pasture long ago...

I think 12 year term limits are the way to go. Six turns in the house, OR two in the senate, OR three house AND one senate. But no matter how you slice it, in 12 years you're done. NEVER allowed to run for federal office again, except for president. Not allowed to work as a paid lobbyist or for any lobbying firm, even as adviser or legal council, for five years after leaving office.

Jul 2014
midwest
I think 12 year term limits are the way to go. Six turns in the house, OR two in the senate, OR three house AND one senate. But no matter how you slice it, in 12 years you're done. NEVER allowed to run for federal office again, except for president. Not allowed to work as a paid lobbyist or for any lobbying firm, even as adviser or legal council, for five years after leaving office.
I agree with that, but we know it won't happen.

Because the inmates are in charge of the asylum...

Mar 2019
California
You are wrong, actually. If there is cause for an impeachment - which is the sole responsbility of the House - its job is to investigate to make such a determination. The powers of Congress are not limited to passing laws, which anyone knows who has any familiarity with the Constitution. You are just upset that Democrats control the House and actually have some political power, now, and Trump does not get to just do anything he wants anymore. (Not to mention that the House has passed plenty of bills that the Senate will not act on.)
Ever heard of "Abuse of Power"? Know what "Legislative Branch" means? Haven't seen much legislation going on. Only obstruction. No infrastructure.No HealthCare. No Immigration. Nothing but fake investigations. And clown shows. I thought that KFC bit was bad enough. But John DEAN? Well ,the REAL investigation has begun. I will wait for the Durham Report.