House democrats propose pay raise for Congress

Mar 2019
TN
Ever heard of "Abuse of Power"? Know what "Legislative Branch" means? Haven't seen much legislation going on. Only obstruction. No infrastructure.No HealthCare. No Immigration. Nothing but fake investigations. And clown shows. I thought that KFC bit was bad enough. But John DEAN? Well ,the REAL investigation has begun. I will wait for the Durham Report.
We all know you're just an RNC paid spambot but do you really want to go here ?? Sure let's go !!!!

Infrastructure ?? Seriously ?? The last major infrastructure bill was Obama's Stimulus package !!!! He was wrong about the number of "shovel ready" jobs, but the fact is that money is STILL FUELING the economy. They have NOT spent all that was appropriated !!! It's still being used for road projects all over the damned country. My point here is, REPUBLICANS controlled BOTH houses of congress for SIX years. Obama would have surely been willing to sign off on any infrastructure bill congress could have come up with. So WHY DIDN'T THEY ?? But nope I have no memory of any real discussion of a major infrastructure package since the Stimulus. I heard lots of complaints about the size of the deficit. Lots of jokes about the lack of shovel ready jobs, but every state, except Louisiana, has made and is still making use of that money.

Healthcare ?? The house voted 70 fucking times to repeal Obamacare, but NOT ONE REAL piece of legislation meant to offer an alternative, or even try to fix what they see as the worst aspects of the ACA. Even when all they needed as a simple majority vote the Repubs couldn't kill Obamacare. So tell us exactly WHAT do you now expect the Democrats to do on health care ?? PLEASE !!!! We really want to know !!!

Immigration ????? What a fucking JOKE !!!!! The ONLY reason Obama created DACA was BECAUSE the Republican controlled congress WOULD NOT ACT !!!!!!!!! Trump has agreed to, then reneged on at least three immigration deals with congress and those were with his own fucking party. The last bipartisan bill I heard about, one that included a guess worker program for migrant field hands, was shot down by the California Republicans. It seems the farmers in their districts didn't like the idea of having to pay REAL wages to LEGAL workers. It's interesting there was NO EMERGENCY on the border until AFTER the last midterm elections !!! So again ?? What do you think the Dems should be doing now, when the Repubs sat on their asses and did nothing for the last SIX years ??

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
The main problem is that they would RATHER spend time investigating.

Far too much time is devoted into beating up on the "other side" and not enough to doing their "jobs" representing the American people...
You know that is not true. Democrats have passed numerous bills in the House. Mitch McConnell has refused to bring anything to the floor. He actually bragged,” You could call me the Grim Reaper. As long as I am in charge NOTHING will pass!” Until you get rid of that corrupt old sleaze ball nothing is going to help the average person! Mitch and his wife are so corrupt the stink rises off of them!

Don’t you dare try to tell me Democrats do nothing but investigate!

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
I've heard every Congress identified as "the worst Congress in history," or some such similar language. I certainly oppose a pay raise for them, though, at least until they give minimum wage workers a pay raise, too (which also has not gone up since 2009).
How about we start firing people?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
It's really not a ton of money in Washington DC. If you want to keep your home back in your district and are still making payments, you've got a kid or two in college, and so forth, $174k is not enough to spend like a lottery winner, you still have to think pretty carefully about how the financial pieces will fit together. Unless they're coming in to the job with tons of money earned elsewhere, it's not enough to buy a place in D.C. Many of them have to sprawl out to elsewhere in MD or VA if they want a house there.
I'm okay with people having to drive to work.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
We all know you're just an RNC paid spambot but do you really want to go here ?? Sure let's go !!!!

Infrastructure ?? Seriously ?? The last major infrastructure bill was Obama's Stimulus package !!!! He was wrong about the number of "shovel ready" jobs, but the fact is that money is STILL FUELING the economy. They have NOT spent all that was appropriated !!! It's still being used for road projects all over the damned country. My point here is, REPUBLICANS controlled BOTH houses of congress for SIX years. Obama would have surely been willing to sign off on any infrastructure bill congress could have come up with. So WHY DIDN'T THEY ?? But nope I have no memory of any real discussion of a major infrastructure package since the Stimulus. I heard lots of complaints about the size of the deficit. Lots of jokes about the lack of shovel ready jobs, but every state, except Louisiana, has made and is still making use of that money.

Healthcare ?? The house voted 70 fucking times to repeal Obamacare, but NOT ONE REAL piece of legislation meant to offer an alternative, or even try to fix what they see as the worst aspects of the ACA. Even when all they needed as a simple majority vote the Repubs couldn't kill Obamacare. So tell us exactly WHAT do you now expect the Democrats to do on health care ?? PLEASE !!!! We really want to know !!!

Immigration ????? What a fucking JOKE !!!!! The ONLY reason Obama created DACA was BECAUSE the Republican controlled congress WOULD NOT ACT !!!!!!!!! Trump has agreed to, then reneged on at least three immigration deals with congress and those were with his own fucking party. The last bipartisan bill I heard about, one that included a guess worker program for migrant field hands, was shot down by the California Republicans. It seems the farmers in their districts didn't like the idea of having to pay REAL wages to LEGAL workers. It's interesting there was NO EMERGENCY on the border until AFTER the last midterm elections !!! So again ?? What do you think the Dems should be doing now, when the Repubs sat on their asses and did nothing for the last SIX years ??
Obama was not wrong. The Congress refused to give enough money to fix the problem. We had decided to visit places in my State that year we had never been to, including the home of the Underground Railroad, Ripley that is on the Ohio River. We saw signs in many places the Project was due to the Federal Government!.

Obama only had the Congress for 2 short years. Republican refused everything he tried to pass.

Mitch again,”My only job is to make Obama a one term President.!” Mitch McConnell is one of the most evil men ever elected to Congress, yet the fools in Ky. Just barely vote him in every election.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
You know that is not true. Democrats have passed numerous bills in the House. Mitch McConnell has refused to bring anything to the floor. He actually bragged,” You could call me the Grim Reaper. As long as I am in charge NOTHING will pass!” Until you get rid of that corrupt old sleaze ball nothing is going to help the average person! Mitch and his wife are so corrupt the stink rises off of them!

Don’t you dare try to tell me Democrats do nothing but investigate!
The media is actually saying that.

A lot.