House democrats propose pay raise for Congress

Feb 2007
Colorado
I know I'm being entirely idealistic here but the pay should be relative to the work. Which would be detailed. And boundaries in place surrounding that if work is less than the pay.

I mean if we are talking about salaries here.

Apr 2012
Englewood,Ohio
For about the THIRD TIME: They would RATHER investigate than legislate.

They should do both of course, but they spend far too much time trying to get the "other side".

That is, by far, their first priority.
No matter how many times you post it does not make it true. But of course that is part of their job to rid the Country of the corrupt! They can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Jul 2014
midwest
You know that is not true. Democrats have passed numerous bills in the House. Mitch McConnell has refused to bring anything to the floor. He actually bragged,” You could call me the Grim Reaper. As long as I am in charge NOTHING will pass!” Until you get rid of that corrupt old sleaze ball nothing is going to help the average person! Mitch and his wife are so corrupt the stink rises off of them!

Don’t you dare try to tell me Democrats do nothing but investigate!
Democrats do nothing but investigate!

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Far from over apparently:

Proponents of the pay hike acknowledge it’s not popular but argue that it is long overdue.

Freshman progressive Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) forcefully made a case to her nearly 4.5 million Twitter followers, defending giving members of Congress the cost-of-living adjustment. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) offered support for a pay bump, saying he doesn’t want Congress to be a place where only the wealthy can afford to serve. “It’s not a fun or politically popular position to take. But consistency is important,” Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “ALL workers should get cost of living increases. That’s why minimum wage should be pegged to inflation, too.” But many House Democrats in swing districts remain wary of the optics of voting to give themselves a pay raise out of fear it’ll be used against them.

GOP leader, Ocasio-Cortez give boost to lawmaker pay hike