House Dems warn Omar in 'imminent danger' after Trump rally chants

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Senior Democrats are now calling for authorities to evaluate security for Omar (D-Minn.), as well as the three other lawmakers who Trump called out by name at his Wednesday night rally in North Carolina — warning that Trump has escalated the risk of threats or even acts of violence toward the four minority freshmen.
“It’s crystal clear to me that her life is in imminent danger,” said Rep. Bobby Rush (D-Ill.), a senior member of the Congressional Black Caucus. “He has threatened the safety of a member of Congress. That takes this to a whole different level.”
“It’s bad enough that the president didn’t stop the chant last night. But he started it. It’s instilling fear, it’s going to instill violence,” added Rep. Ben Ray Lujan (D-N.M.), the House’s No. 4 Democrat.

this was in May .
'I’ll put a bullet in her': Trump supporter charged with threatening to kill Rep. Ilhan Omar

the thing I want to know is why its only Democrats that are worried ?

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
May 2019
midwest
Because they only care about themselves. They certainly don't care when their own rhetoric endangers others. Like ICE agents.

“Racism distracts, racism hurts, racism kills,” Omar said. “What I’m going to be busy doing is uplifting people and making sure that they understand here in this country we are all Americans, we are all welcome regardless of what he says.”

<<....>>

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), one of the lawmakers Trump railed against Wednesday night and in tweets over the weekend, said she has concerns over her safety and is discussing with Democrats whether to ask for additional security.

“This president is evolving, as predicted, deeper into the rhetoric of racism which evolves into violence,” she said. "We are not in politics anymore. We are in racism — really we’re talking about fascistic government."

<<....>>

House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) on Thursday sent his second letter in four days to Capitol Police, urging them to reevaluate their security protocols for Omar and the other freshmen.

“There are some people who are easily influenced, and I’m afraid the president is part and parcel to the potential danger of those members of Congress. So we’ll have it looked at,” Thompson said in an interview Thursday.

We all know that the #Cult45 members are rabid...sleazy Trump really knows that with HIS BIGLY dog whistle comments.
:cool:

May 2019
West Haven
She has not received death threats, she is flying False Flags.

if she fears for her life, maybe she should, remember she has the right to self defense, thanks to the NRA.
Prove it. We already know she has been threatened by crackpots in the past.
ELMIRA, N.Y. – A New York man is in custody after federal authorities say he threatened to kill freshman Congresswoman Rep. Ilhan Omar.
Patrick W. Carlineo, 55, of Addison, was arrested Friday morning and charged by criminal complaint with threatening to assault and murder Omar, a Democrat representing Minnesota.
On March 21, a staff member in Omar's office received a phone call around 12:20 p.m., the criminal complaint states. During the call, an individual, eventually identified as Carlineo, allegedly said to the staff member, "Do you work for the Muslim Brotherhood? Why are you working for her, she's an (expletive) terrorist. I’ll put a bullet in her (expletive) skull."

Oct 2014
C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
how is that relevant to death threats ?
Probably fabricated for sympathy points... On the off chance it's real they will be arrested as they should be.

Look, she outed herself on some really big shit, it's come out she's under investigation for MARRYING HER BROTHER and the potential associated crimes.

She has a reason to change the subject... She's even got people who will take a fall to make it convincing. Remember, they are they have lots of numbers behind their power.