House Republicans Pass ‘Sickening, Bigoted’ Amendment Protecting Adoption Agencies Th

Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
House Republicans Pass ‘Sickening, Bigoted’ Amendment Protecting Adoption Agencies That Refuse Gay Couples
by Andy Towle

"House Republicans have passed an amendment out of committee that would protect adoption agencies that refuse gay couples based on religious beliefs. The amendment was authored by Rep. Robert Aderholt (R-AL)."
"Democratic leader Nancy Pelosi denounced the amendment: “Republicans’ moral bankruptcy reached a sickening new low today. House Republicans chose to sacrifice the well-being of little children to push a bigoted, anti-LGBTQ agenda, potentially denying tens of thousands of vulnerable children the opportunity to find a loving and safe home. House Democrats will fight this disgusting, deeply immoral and profoundly offensive effort with all our strength. There is no place for bigotry or discrimination in our foster and adoption systems – or in any part of our democracy.”

################################################################################

Leader Pelosi is right in her denouncement of this travesty and poor excuse at legislation by Republicans. At a time when thousands of children all across America are in need of good loving parents we get this. There are many parents who simply discard their children today who don't love them and who don't want to care for them. Many innocent babies are even thrown into trash cans abandoned by their mothers! Other young children are whipped, beaten, starved and even chained to their homes as has been well documented. Others are thrown out of the house and into the streets during their formative years to fend for themselves. Therefore, it is unthinkable that Republicans could stoop this low but they have. It has been shown time and again that Gay and Lesbian parents make great, loving parents. But the prejudice, continuing discrimination and bigotry that lies deeply rooted within the right wing Republican Party would rather see those children remain abandoned in orphanages than be adopted by good loving parents and be able to get into a good home.

Reactions: 1 person

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
I am against this. There are plenty of kids that grow up without parents and that is a tragedy. I don't care if parents are gay or straight, as long as they provide a loving and safe environment for these kids.

Reactions: 8 people
Dec 2015
In Your Heart!
The following is an excellent, well-balanced report speaking about Gay and Lesbian parents and what their children should expect, etc. Well worth reading.

Gay and Lesbian Parents

HealthyChildren.org