House Republicans release redacted Russia report

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
(CNN)The House Intelligence Committee on Friday released a redacted version of the Republican report on the committee's year-long Russia investigation, in which, GOP members say, they found no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia and disputed the intelligence community's findings that Vladimir Putin tried to help elect Donald Trump President.
The committee released the report with redactions from the intelligence community, along with a redacted Democratic dissent disputing the Republican conclusions.
Rep. Mike Conaway, the Texas Republican who led the committee's Russia probe, said in a statement that the intelligence community made "overzealous redactions" to the report, and the committee plans to challenge them to get more of the report declassified.

"Many of the redactions include information that is publicly available, such as witness names and information previously declassified," Conaway said
https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/27/politics/house-intelligence-committee-republican-russia-report/index.html pretty much a joke like everyone expected. But hey, it's is so very nice of House Republican's to give the Dems their talking points for the midterms.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
The establishment has gotten away with impeding a duly elected president long enough. Mueller needs to wrap this up and declare victory for his non-Russian collusion indictments and move on.

Sep 2014
United States
So, they agree with all of our intel agencies that they could find no evidence of collusion between Trump and Russia.

Feb 2007
In my mind
Wow! Republicans found, and let's parse here, that the Trump campaign (a huge body of people) did not collude (collusion in itself is not a criminal act) with Russia and that Putin did not try to help elect Trump when every fucking intelligence agency that spoke on the topic clearly stated that Russia attempted to help sway the election.

Sorry House GOPers, but that is a sorry sack of dogshit of a story.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Wow! Republicans found, and let's parse here, that the Trump campaign (a huge body of people) did not collude (collusion in itself is not a criminal act) with Russia and that Putin did not try to help elect Trump when every fucking intelligence agency that spoke on the topic clearly stated that Russia attempted to help sway the election.

Sorry House GOPers, but that is a sorry sack of dogshit of a story.
in the process they redacted the Dems dissent and, big surprised, managed to set up a narrative against Hillary Clinton for the midterms.

In modern day cultural references terms they essentially told Hillary "I wish I knew how to quit you".

Sep 2007
N48 51.489 E2 17.67119
The establishment has gotten away with impeding a duly elected president long enough. Mueller needs to wrap this up and declare victory for his non-Russian collusion indictments and move on.
So true. Once we get the Senate back, i hope we don't let him pick a Supreme Court Justice either. I Really want to give you back as good as you gave.