House to Vote on Impeachment Resolution for IRS Commissioner Koskinen

MeBelle

Aug 2013
San Fran
I thought this was a no go!

House conservatives revived a long-shot effort Tuesday to oust IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, formally introducing an impeachment resolution expected to see a vote by the end of the week.

Rep. John Fleming, R-La., a sponsor of the drive, offered the measure under special procedures that put the House on track to vote Thursday on the effort.

Conservatives say Koskinen hampered Congress' effort to investigate the IRS for tough assessments of Tea Party groups that sought tax exemptions several years ago. Koskinen denies that.

“For years the IRS has abused its power to target people based on their political views. Commissioner John Koskinen not only did nothing about it, but continued the trend of deception by deliberately keeping Congress and the American people in the dark,” Fleming said in a statement Tuesday. “To date no one has been held accountable and no one will unless we move forward with a resolution to require a vote on his impeachment.”
Boring video at link
Republicans submit resolution to impeach IRS commissioner | Fox News

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
He belongs impeached, fired, found in contempt, and to receive the full weight of punishment by law. Lerner should be right there with him. I would only hope that Democrats would stand up, do the right thing, and vote along side the Republicans to deal with this asshole.

Scumbag.

May 2012
By the wall
I personally think that congress does not use its power to investigate and impeach nearly enough. I would like to see them constantly have someone under the microscope whether democrat or republican.

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
He belongs impeached, fired, found in contempt, and to receive the full weight of punishment by law. Lerner should be right there with him. I would only hope that Democrats would stand up, do the right thing, and vote along side the Republicans to deal with this asshole.

Scumbag.
You need to get a handle on your irrational hatred.

Crusher

Former Staff
Aug 2011
Heaven Above
When the IRS shares confidential tax information with:

• Liberal Media
  • Democratic Law Makers
  • Other Federal Agencies

Someone needs to pay a price. All of this has been confirmed to have happened.