House votes for Mueller report's public release

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
The vote means nothing since the power to release is given the DOJ. The separation of powers does not allow Congress to force the DOJ to release it
Everyone knows the responsibility is held by the DOJ. That's why they held the vote. If the power was held by Congress, they wouldn't have had the vote saying the DOJ should release it. They'd just release it.

It's good to get people on record for what they support.

May 2013
Boise, ID
Looks like it will not pass the Senate because of Graham.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Thursday blocked a resolution calling for special counsel Robert Mueller's report to be made public after it passed the House unanimously.

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) asked for unanimous consent for the nonbinding resolution, which cleared the House 420-0, to be passed by the Senate before they leave town for a weeklong recess. "There is no good reason, no good reason that the special counsel's report should not be made public. The American people are overwhelmingly for the report being made public. They have a right to see it. No one should stand in the way of that," Schumer said from the Senate floor.

But Graham, a close ally of Trump's who chairs the Judiciary Committee, objected after Schumer refused to amend the House-passed resolution to include a provision calling on the Justice Department (DOJ) to appoint a special counsel to investigate DOJ misconduct in the handling of the investigation into 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton's email use and the Carter Page Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act applications.

Graham stressed that he supported Mueller's probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, and predicted that it would wrap up shortly. But he added that he had been "trying to find balance" by also supporting an investigation into Clinton-related scandals. "Was there two systems of justice in 2016? One for the Democratic candidate and one for the Republican candidate?" Graham asked. Under Senate rules, any one senator can try to pass or set up a vote on a bill, resolution or nomination. But, in turn, any one senator can block their request.

Graham blocks resolution calling for Mueller report to be made public

Guess we will see which GOP member of the Senate has the guts to stand up to Graham.
Apparently no one told the little punk that Hillary's emails and the Carter Page situation were already investigated.

Running more interference for his Orange Overlord ..

Meanwhile McCain spins in his grave, baffled by the selling of his old buddy's soul ... Sad :(

Sep 2014
Barsoom
wait, what? Congress doesn't have oversight authority over the DOJ?
Since when?
Congress has oversite via regarding the Article VI laws and their intent it passes. The DOJ is an Article II agency under the purview of the executive branch via the "take care" clause. The better question is this: where is the Article I power regarding oversight of an Article II agency and power?

Apr 2012
Apparently no one told the little punk that Hillary's emails and the Carter Page situation were already investigated.

Running more interference for his Orange Overlord ..

Meanwhile McCain spins in his grave, baffled by the selling of his old buddy's soul ... Sad :(
Problem is the page and Stoyke transcripts show they only looked at e-mails the Hillary lawyers allowed. In other words it appears the Hillary lawyers controlled the investigation

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
Congress has oversite via regarding the Article VI laws and their intent it passes. The DOJ is an Article II agency under the purview of the executive branch via the "take care" clause. The better question is this: where is the Article I power regarding oversight of an Article II agency and power?
start by researching congressional oversight . Any discussion on this issue is pointless as long as you're claiming congress doesn't have that authority.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
Once again you hate blocks you to logic and reality
lol

I think your CTL-C and CTL-V are getting a bit worn down by all these posts.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
as I'm sure you're aware , like so many other things, the Constitution doesn't explicitly provide authority for oversight. It's implied in the Constitution and further established by legal precedence. But, just to clarify, are you denying Congress has oversight authority? Or merely asking your question in a manner that assures a specific response?

Apr 2012
as I'm sure you're aware , like so many other things, the Constitution doesn't explicitly provide authority for oversight. It's implied in the Constitution and further established by legal precedence. But, just to clarify, are you denying Congress has oversight authority? Or merely asking your question in a manner that assures a specific response?
I notice you show no proof