House votes for Mueller report's public release

Jan 2016
Colorado
Congress does not have the Article I power to force the DOJ to make the report public: lack of explicit and and implicit Article I powers, and a violation of the seperation of powers doctrine.
If Attorney General Barr refuses to release the report, why, Congress will simply issue a subpoena to Robert Mueller, and force him to testify to Congress, as to the major conclusions of his report.

I would very sincerely like to see Donald Trump try to stop THAT.

Apr 2012
If Attorney General Barr refuses to release the report, why, Congress will simply issue a subpoena to Robert Mueller, and force him to testify to Congress, as to the major conclusions of his report.

I would very sincerely like to see Donald Trump try to stop THAT.
Problem is he can refuse because of separation of powers. He can also do like the Obama administration and plead the 5th. Congress can't force it to be released

Jan 2016
Colorado
Problem is he can refuse because of separation of powers. He can also do like the Obama administration and plead the 5th. Congress can't force it to be released
Huh?!? Mueller would neither refuse to testify, nor would he have ANY interest or need to "plead the Fifth". He would be summoned by Congress to answer questions about WHAT was in his report, IF Barr stupidly refuses to release it to Congress.

Apr 2012
Huh?!? Mueller would neither refuse to testify, nor would he have ANY interest or need to "plead the Fifth". He would be summoned by Congress to answer questions about WHAT was in his report, IF Barr stupidly refuses to release it to Congress.
He has to do what Barr tells him