How about a law to limit preloaded gun magazines?

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
A criminal just shot up a Wal-Mart in Texas. If you can't find a lot of "armed folks" there where can you?
So you think they were all prepared for what happened or in a position to respond?

Oh, so what we need is MORE firearms carried by MORE people in MORE places.
We need to get rid of gun free zones . . . period.

Is THAT why places such as the UK, Australia, Japan, etc. etc. are so much safer than the US?
I feel safe here. Do you not feel safe here?

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
So you think they were all prepared for what happened or in a position to respond?

We need to get rid of gun free zones . . . period.

I feel safe here. Do you not feel safe here?
Then what good are all these armed civilians wandering around if they are not prepared to actually DO something?

Mar 2019
Oklahoma
Then what good are all these armed civilians wandering around if they are not prepared to actually DO something?
My guess is they were trying to decide what cereal to buy and never expected some idiot to walk in and use Hispanics for target practice.

You know as well as I do that some are more aware and prepared than others . . . .

Jul 2011
Memphis, Tn.
My guess is they were trying to decide what cereal to buy and never expected some idiot to walk in and use Hispanics for target practice.

You know as well as I do that some are more aware and prepared than others . . . .
Gee, then I guess they are pretty much useless, aren't they?

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
Weirdo
Make it unlawful to transport loaded magazines outside of gun clubs.
One 10 round loaded magazine would be lawful. (Any more ammo must be loose.....to be loaded into magazines at the gun club)
Thoughts?
Grasping at straws.

Sparta

Former Staff
Aug 2006
Connecticut
Right now if the cops suspect someone is gonna carry out a mass shooting and they find him with a car full of ammo magazines ready to kill people, they'd have no reason to stop him.
This law would let them arrest him b4 he fired a shot.

Why are we helping whackos to massacre us?
Who would such a law be hurting?
Who could say it would't save lives?
So you're proposing this law as an excuse to arrest people.

I'm going to have to disagree with people who think this is a reasonable solution to any problem. We could make a case that surrendering any rights will reduce the chances of crimes being committed. We could arrest anyone found with a case of beer in order to prevent drunk driving, for example, which killed more than 37k people in 2017.

Devil505

Former Staff
Jan 2008
Florida
So you're proposing this law as an excuse to arrest people.

I'm going to have to disagree with people who think this is a reasonable solution to any problem. We could make a case that surrendering any rights will reduce the chances of crimes being committed. We could arrest anyone found with a case of beer in order to prevent drunk driving, for example, which killed more than 37k people in 2017.
1. The 2nd A clearly is aimed at protecting a militia. The fact that a 4-5 SCOTUS decision got this wrong can and will be changed by a sane court in the future.
.......A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
2. There should be no individual right to keep and bare arms. It should be a privilege one must earn and be licensed for...just like driving a car.
Society has the right to protect itself by regulating commerce.
3. You can protect yourself without firearms and certainly have no need for assault rifles.
4. The mere possession of a hand grenade without the proper federal license is good cause for your arrest. (same should be true of firearms)