How can anyone support Biden at this point?

Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Biden has name recognition in general national polling. What he doesn’t have is a strong base of support at the grass roots level that will convert into primary votes.

I think the reason that Trump and Trump supporters attack Biden is to bolster the idea that he is the front runner. Regardless what any polls or the media says Trump would do well against Biden. Making fun of people is right in Trump’s wheel house. If Biden became the nominee, Trump will hammer home the message that Biden has aligned himself with racists in congress. He will probably talk about how Biden still supports the war on drugs and mass incarceration. Trump’s goal isn’t going to be to convert Biden voters. His focus will be to remind hot button democrats isn’t with voting for. The ultimate goal will be to suppress voter turnout. He did that against Hillary and he will do it again.
"Making fun of people?" We're talking about running the country, not some game of "yo mamma so fat..."

I hear what you are saying and I agree. That's today's political climate. Win with style points and feel good, crap issues.

Trump ain't winning again. What's he going to run on this time? The wall? Another Muslim ban? Saying Merry Christmas? The jig is up. He didn't deliver last time and a bunch of promises ain't going to cut it.

Last edited:
Mar 2015
Mad Prophet
Here is the problem with your post. Trump is sitting in the White House. All the criteria you list there that you claim don't make the cut, should be disqualifying, show he isn't cut out to win the election... that would be all good and fine except for he has won the election and is serving as president.

So your reasoning... as an example... being a reality TV show host isn't going to cut it. Trump isn't smart enough. There isn't enough substance to him. No one will vote for or elect him.

That would be great if this were late 2015/early 2016 and we were speculating about why Trump would be a terrible candidate and not be able to win the election.

However it is 2019 and he already won the election. So all the factors you cite, they are bogus at this stage. Maybe in an ideal world they wouldn't be but at this stage they are bogus. He's already been elected. He won.

Now I have said I can agree with some points being made about Trump weaknesses but the issue with Biden in particular is he has the same weaknesses or worse forms of those weaknesses.

So if you wanted to argue that Trump was the oldest person ever elected to a first term as president (because he was) and if reelected he will be the oldest serving president ever and might not have the mental acumen to undertake such a hard job you could be right and that would be a fantastic contrast to make if the Democrats were running say...Tulsi Gabbard.

However Biden is 77 years old. He would literally be as old at the beginning of his presidency as Trump would be at the end of his second term. So whatever argument you would make about Trump and age, Biden is a worse example of that problem.

is a good argument. It becomes a harder argument this round because he hasn't started WWIII and honestly isn't very quick to put our troops in harms way. However declaring he never served and got draft deferments and thus is a coward could be a good argument....IF the Democrats were running say...Tulsi Gabbard who ran off and enlisted after 9/11 and served two tours abroad. That would be a fantastic counterpoint to Trump. However Biden received five deferments and later was disqualified for asthma. So he is no different than Trump in that regard.

Trump is racist or at last has such antiquated language and notions that by modern standards he sounds out of date and thus shouldn't be president of such a diverse nation. Trump engaged in locker room talk. He might have redlined applicants for rentals. When he tries to explain contemporary matters his verbal phrases are problematic. Again, if the Democrats were running a Tulsi Gabbard this would be a striking contrast. Someone so young with a quick and sharp mind and who has a grasp on the right things to say without them being written in four inch letters in thick black marker would navigate these types of phrases and thoughts without a problem.

However Joe is telling parents to enrich their kids learning by turning the record player on. He is talking about how he had to oppose busing or work with Senators who were Dixiecrats and were actual segregationists. He makes frequent gaffes and his body language and verbal usage simply reflect a limited understanding from a different time that we have moved on from. Perhaps it has moved on from Trump as well but Biden isn't a way to highlight that issue rather the reverse happens. Trump looks better in comparison.
Did you mean "warhawk?"

What's Trump running on this time?Embarrassing the nation again? He already did that. His supporters will again swoon over his absurd agenda but his well has run dry. Independents aren't buying it this time. The walk away movement is a scam.

Trump has nothing.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
This thread is a hoot.

I don't think there is any other person so unqualified to be POTUS than Trump, on so many levels (including his own personal behavior)

If the D candidate wins in 2020, there isn't one thing the Trumpsters can complain about, because Trump has already done all of them.

Libsters have to talk about trump always, even in a thread about biden... #perseversting.

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
Great - think I will go find some random You Tube cartoon that fits my bias rather than having an actual conversation about what is the criteria to be sitting in the WH and what does not.

I'm kind of thinking that being a birther. a pathological liar, sleeping around with so many women even when your married, and your biggest claim to fame is a reality tv show doesn't cut it - at all.

Lol says the twitter queen....

May 2016
Florida
LOL! Gotta love it when members of TrumpCult offer their opinions of Democratic candidates.

It's like reading a restaurant review written by a rat. :D
Aren’t you glad Trump supporters are not that bright, it leads to discussions like these where they let everyone know who they are scared of.

Reactions: raj

Rev. Hellh0und

Former Staff
Jul 2011
315 bowery/DMS
So, as a response to me, you quote my post, but make a comment that has nothing to do with what you quoted. Why are so many concerned about Biden’s health...

So we can talk about biden, the post you quoted had me confused. Glad we had this talk.