How can anyone support Biden at this point?

May 2007
your place
Yeah, NO. You need to start paying attention to the remaining KOCH brother and SOROS. (strange bed fellow). Have you not noticed that Drudge is souring on Trump of late? The rest will follow suit eventually. PS Paul Ryan REALLY REALLY REALLY doesn't like Trump.

Drudge always switches into campaign mode as it gets closer to the election. Are you saying that there are more republicans speaking out agains Trump compared to what was happening exactly four years ago at this point? Do you have some data to show that the Trump campaign is hurting for money?

Jan 2012
SoCal
And I posted that record players are selling like crazy. Many people prefer the sound rather than the fake digital.

Trump looks better in comparison to nothing.

Joe Biden has a lifetime record of achievements, including 8 years as the right hand man of the most popular man on earth.

i have come to the conclusion we have Russian propagandists among our new posters.

Bye.
Talk about your reinforcing delusions....

I guess if you really want to turn off your brain you just lump all the bad labels together with no rhyme or reason.

Care to explain how all the Nazi’s, Communists, Christians, Rich, Poor, Uneducated, Racists, etc all somehow work together to have the same agenda?

I look forward to 2020 - the year of the record player party!

Perhaps Joe should offer everyone a free record player instead of free healthcare.

Apr 2014
Maryland
Trump does not appear on the verge of the stroke to me, and he's perfectly coherent.

So yeah, I don't agree with your premise.

Also: just the fact you think "not being Trump" is a "major advantage" says it all. So you're not a poster I will be taking seriously in the future. There is more important things to care about other than opposing Trump - and I suggest you find something else to revolve your world around.
coherent? 13,000 lies?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Biden has name recognition in general national polling. What he doesn’t have is a strong base of support at the grass roots level that will convert into primary votes.

I think the reason that Trump and Trump supporters attack Biden is to bolster the idea that he is the front runner. Regardless what any polls or the media says Trump would do well against Biden. Making fun of people is right in Trump’s wheel house. If Biden became the nominee, Trump will hammer home the message that Biden has aligned himself with racists in congress. He will probably talk about how Biden still supports the war on drugs and mass incarceration. Trump’s goal isn’t going to be to convert Biden voters. His focus will be to remind hot button democrats isn’t with voting for. The ultimate goal will be to suppress voter turnout. He did that against Hillary and he will do it again.
Seriously this is your "take"?

If Trump was not so "concerned" about Biden, then why did do an impeachable act to try to stop Biden?

Lots of people sat out the 2016 election either because they did not like either candidate or they thought Clinton would win

Now that Trump is in the WH, that's not going to happen as we have seen with the mid-terms and special elections

All with much higher voter turn out than normal

BTW, Trump is underwater with women by 30%.

And Biden has the support of the African American community

Good luck with your "scenario".

May 2016
Florida
His sudden rush for half a checkup is neither here nor there to you, or when his rants devolve into burbled mush for a few seconds...

I try to hold my politicians to higher standards than continuing to breathe and trigger the Democrats, but then that's me.
Trump could be placed in a medically induced coma and his sycophants will say he is coherent and full of energy. This is why aliens don’t visit Earth.

• Haha
Reactions: OldGaffer
Jan 2012
SoCal
Seriously this is your "take"?

If Trump was not so "concerned" about Biden, then why did do an impeachable act to try to stop Biden?
Here is the problem with your assumptions. There is no scenario where per House Democrats Trump was ever a legitimate president. When Trump is accused of working with the Ukraine to try to stop Biden he literally is working with the opposition to the other party it is claimed he worked with to win in 2016.

So even if we want to give these claims the time of day they have to have a SOME SORT of logical consistency to them.

Let’s presume 100% of what you claim is true. If Trump is working with the Ukraine then why would he have worked with Russia? They are antagonists to each other. So either the former claim is wrong or the latter is wrong but when you make both the person you discredit isn’t Trump but the persons making the claims.

This is why even if Trump were 100% wrong people at this stage have tuned out. Before he even assumed office they were demanding electors not vote the will of the people who cast their votes. They demanding they be faithless electors. Then they demanded his own cabinet remove him under the 25th amendment. Then it was Russia and now the Ukraine.

In short if you date one asshole I’ll believe your claim that he is an asshole. When ever guy you date is an asshole though at some point I’m going to ask you to look in the mirror and consider the source.

That is what Democrats need to do at this point, consider the source because there isn’t any rhyme or reason to all their claims.

Lots of people sat out the 2016 election either because they did not like either candidate or they thought Clinton would win

Now that Trump is in the WH, that's not going to happen as we have seen with the mid-terms and special elections

All with much higher voter turn out than normal
I don’t see any fundraising figures or Republican Party actions that reflect your assumptions there. Midterm election outcomes are determined by a much smaller subset of voters. As I noted in another thread Democratic totals for president have been declining for 12 years and Republicans totals have been growing. There are 6 million votes that did not go to either party last time. As one of those 6 million people I can tell you that declaring you are going to burn down the entire process and system be it revoking the electoral college, stacking the Supreme Court or what have you chases away my vote and I’m sure the vote of many of those 6 million.

BTW, Trump is underwater with women by 30%.

And Biden has the support of the African American community

Good luck with your "scenario".
Which group of women... because there is a gender gap in reverse where Democrats are underwater with men. Trump won majorities of married women as an example.

Biden might initially have more support among the African-American community but Trump has been doing some good work there. I’d love to see both parties do a lot more work there. While Biden might get the vast majority of those votes many of them last voted in 2008 when it was basically achieving history in electing the first black president. Obama himself lost nearly 5 million votes between his first an second term. It wasn’t because the black vote abandoned him. It was because they weren’t voting for a historic first event anymore.

There is nothing exciting or historic about Biden. I’d guess that he gets similar numbers to Clinton or worse with regard to the black community.

Reactions: Rev. Hellh0und

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Great - think I will go find some random You Tube cartoon that fits my bias rather than having an actual conversation about what is the criteria to be sitting in the WH and what does not.

I'm kind of thinking that being a birther. a pathological liar, sleeping around with so many women even when your married, and your biggest claim to fame is a reality tv show doesn't cut it - at all.
OK then here's a non animated video of him saying it. Now what?

HayJenn

Former Staff
Jul 2014
CA
Here is the problem with your assumptions. There is no scenario where per House Democrats Trump was ever a legitimate president. When Trump is accused of working with the Ukraine to try to stop Biden he literally is working with the opposition to the other party it is claimed he worked with to win in 2016.

So even if we want to give these claims the time of day they have to have a SOME SORT of logical consistency to them.

Let’s presume 100% of what you claim is true. If Trump is working with the Ukraine then why would he have worked with Russia? They are antagonists to each other. So either the former claim is wrong or the latter is wrong but when you make both the person you discredit isn’t Trump but the persons making the claims.

This is why even if Trump were 100% wrong people at this stage have tuned out. Before he even assumed office they were demanding electors not vote the will of the people who cast their votes. They demanding they be faithless electors. Then they demanded his own cabinet remove him under the 25th amendment. Then it was Russia and now the Ukraine.

In short if you date one asshole I’ll believe your claim that he is an asshole. When ever guy you date is an asshole though at some point I’m going to ask you to look in the mirror and consider the source.

That is what Democrats need to do at this point, consider the source because there isn’t any rhyme or reason to all their claims.

I don’t see any fundraising figures or Republican Party actions that reflect your assumptions there. Midterm election outcomes are determined by a much smaller subset of voters. As I noted in another thread Democratic totals for president have been declining for 12 years and Republicans totals have been growing. There are 6 million votes that did not go to either party last time. As one of those 6 million people I can tell you that declaring you are going to burn down the entire process and system be it revoking the electoral college, stacking the Supreme Court or what have you chases away my vote and I’m sure the vote of many of those 6 million.

Which group of women... because there is a gender gap in reverse where Democrats are underwater with men. Trump won majorities of married women as an example.

Biden might initially have more support among the African-American community but Trump has been doing some good work there. I’d love to see both parties do a lot more work there. While Biden might get the vast majority of those votes many of them last voted in 2008 when it was basically achieving history in electing the first black president. Obama himself lost nearly 5 million votes between his first an second term. It wasn’t because the black vote abandoned him. It was because they weren’t voting for a historic first event anymore.

There is nothing exciting or historic about Biden. I’d guess that he gets similar numbers to Clinton or worse with regard to the black community.

Trump was TRYING to work with Ukraine to get dirt on Biden. They did not go along with it. Completely separate issue from Russia. You do know that right?

I have no idea what you talking about in terms of trying to remove him via the 25th amendment. There was never a vote in the house to do that. And the GOP had the house for the first two years.

The turn out for the mid-terms was historic. Yeah, odd how the D's picked up so many more house seats than were predicted. 7 Governorships flipped to blue.

Why you are babbling about the EC or SCOTUS, I have no idea. It has nothing to do with the actual topic.

Trump does not have the black or women vote at this point.

So yeah, good luck with that.