How long until America becomes a nationality?

May 2012
By the wall
I took the Ancestry test to find out where I am from and result can say you are Irish or Spanish, or Russian, or Italian....you get the idea.

So when will it ever say that you are this percentage American?

You can be part Mexican but not part American.

Why?

Nov 2013
NY
That would be native american, and it actually IS - for those who have the genes - a valid answer for those tests.
Maybe you should start off first learning what genetics actually mean.. it is a scientific approach, and not a wanna-be political “let’s try to tick off some people” game.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
I took the Ancestry test to find out where I am from and result can say you are Irish or Spanish, or Russian, or Italian....you get the idea.

Why?
It already is as far as I'm concerned. I think all this mumbo jumbo about being an "Irish" or "African" American is preposterous. IF they were born and live in America then they are just American whether like it or not. They can look to their ancestry to try and make themselves feel more important or exotic all they like. But they are still just American.

Nov 2014
North Carolina
That would be native american, and it actually IS - for those who have the genes - a valid answer for those tests.
Maybe you should start off first learning what genetics actually mean.. it is a scientific approach, and not a wanna-be political “let’s try to tick off some people” game.
Nationality has nothing to do with genetics.

May 2012
By the wall
I get that Indians are American but I have lived here my whole life, my parents have, their parents did, their parents did.....so when will I be considered American when doing a DNA test?

Nov 2014
North Carolina
Oh look, you actually get something.
Then go and tell the OP, he needs the education.. “I” know already.
Your lame condescension aside, no you don't get it.

All ancestry tests do is track where you ancestors came from. It has way more to do with migration and geography than so-called "genetics".

Nov 2017
Colorado

Why?
Ancestry tests don't determine nationality. Here are my results:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 7.41.40 PM.png

The map of the above:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 7.42.58 PM.png

I'm a mutt..... :)

Nov 2014
North Carolina
I get that Indians are American but I have lived here my whole life, my parents have, their parents did, their parents did.....so when will I be considered American when doing a DNA test?
You have just as much in common genetically with a "Native American" than a "Native American" does. That's the basic truth. This whole idea of genetic "races" is a myth that simply does not exist.

All these tests do is find out who you are related to and then track where they came from. There is actually no such thing as a Native American gene or an Irish gene.

Reactions: Spookycolt