How long will the partial shutdown last?

How long will the partial shutdown last?

• It will end very shortly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will be at least a week

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It will last several weeks

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Who the hell knows?

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Nov 2018
Bel Air, MD
I find it hilarious that Democrats are intent on blaming Trump for the shutdown.

Why should it matter?

We've seen plenty of shutdowns in the past. And, shutdowns haven't hurt either Party.

This shutdown will not be felt for sometime, because most people will receive their money like always. There are many federal employees who are now on leave, due to the Christmas and New Years. And, every weekend, we could say there is a partial shutdown, as most federal employees are off.

The only people who seem to be going nutso over the shutdown are the media types, and some in Congress. Oh, and many Democrats, who want to score political points.

Let me reassure those of you who are climbing walls, and so depressed you don't know what to do next --- this shutdown, like all of the rest, will be a big NothingBurger, no condiments even. So, relax, enjoy the Holidays, eat cookies, watch a Christmas movie, and think about all of the blessings God has given you. Oh, sorry, some of you don't believe in God. So, for you, enjoy all of those non-given blessings.

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal
I was poking a little fun, that's all.

The fact remains that there's plenty of blame to go around.
but if you go that far, I feel obligated to add that most of it is on the GOP. I mean, could the Dems have thrown the President a bone, given him everything he asked for, and thereby kept the government open... sure they could have. Has the GOP done anything like that for the Dems in the past 2 years? If not, why should the Dems do that for the GOP?

Jul 2014
midwest
but if you go that far, I feel obligated to add that most of it is on the GOP. I mean, could the Dems have thrown the President a bone, given him everything he asked for, and thereby kept the government open... sure they could have. Has the GOP done anything like that for the Dems in the past 2 years? If not, why should the Dems do that for the GOP?
Both sides would rather fight with the other side, than to do their jobs representing the American people.

Their priority is power and money, and serving the people they are generously paid to represent is way down on the list...

Jan 2014
south
Both sides would rather fight with the other side, than to do their jobs representing the American people.

Their priority is power and money, and serving the people they are generously paid to represent is way down on the list...
yeah. way below re-election even.

Jul 2016
DS9
I find it hilarious that Democrats are intent on blaming Trump for the shutdown.

Why should it matter?

We've seen plenty of shutdowns in the past. And, shutdowns haven't hurt either Party.

This shutdown will not be felt for sometime, because most people will receive their money like always. There are many federal employees who are now on leave, due to the Christmas and New Years. And, every weekend, we could say there is a partial shutdown, as most federal employees are off.

The only people who seem to be going nutso over the shutdown are the media types, and some in Congress. Oh, and many Democrats, who want to score political points.

Let me reassure those of you who are climbing walls, and so depressed you don't know what to do next --- this shutdown, like all of the rest, will be a big NothingBurger, no condiments even. So, relax, enjoy the Holidays, eat cookies, watch a Christmas movie, and think about all of the blessings God has given you. Oh, sorry, some of you don't believe in God. So, for you, enjoy all of those non-given blessings.
Did you miss the part where Trump accepted the blame?

Chief

Former Staff
Nov 2009
SoCal

So what should the Dems do? Just give the Reps what they want? Think the Reps will reciprocate?