How Many Atheists have Criminal Records?

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.
Oct 2011
Washington State
I did get arrested once for drinking a beer in the park. A place named Lake Chelan in eastern Washington, chasing college girls. Spent the weekend in jail. But at the time I was still a practicing Catholic.

What's amazing is how Christians and Evangelicals love this Presidents unethical, dishonest, and sleazy behavior.

Nov 2008
Washington state
I did get arrested once for drinking a beer in the park. A place named Lake Chelan in eastern Washington, chasing college girls. Spent the weekend in jail. But at the time I was still a practicing Catholic.

What's amazing is how Christians and Evangelicals love this Presidents unethical, dishonest, and sleazy behavior.
Are you still chasing girls in the park drinking beer? You are still assuming Trump is doing what he did decades ago. Only difference is Trump became a Christian and he changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: knight and BoiseBo
Nov 2008
Washington state
Over these past few years, I've heard some people complaining about atheism's influence in society. The always-disgusting Ted Cruz said the lack of Xianity in public schools caused their numerous massacres, and here is a more recent quote:

Have you noticed the decline in morals in society is in correlation with the decline in religion? So we're seeing the effects of Atheism.

So I must ask: How many atheists have criminal records?

United States: Atheist shooters or serial killers

Jared Loughner's mugshot, released January 10, 2011
Connor Betts: the Dayton, Ohio shooter who killed 9 people (August 2019)
Dimitrios Pagourtzis, Santa Fe, Texas shooter who killed at least 10 people at a public school, described himself as an atheist on his Facebook page (May 2018)
Gabriel Ross Parker, shooter at Marshall County High School in Kentucky who murdered two people (January 2018)
Devin Patrick Kelley, perpetrator of the Sutherland Springs, Texas shooting at First Baptist Church, murdered 26 people (November 2017)
Chris Harper Mercer, Umpqua Community College gunman (October 2015)
Craig Stephen Hicks, perpetator of the Chapel Hill Shootings (February 2015)
Jared Lee Loughner, perpetrator of the Tucson Shootings (January 2011)
Seung-Hui Cho, perpetrator of the Virginia Tech shootings (April 2007)
Jeffrey Dahmer, serial killer and sex offender responsible for the rape, murder, and dismemberment of seventeen men and boys (1978 - 1991)
James Oliver Huberty, perpetrator of the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre (July 1984)[25]
Carl Panzram (1891-1930) was an American serial killer, rapist, arsonist, robber and burglar. In his autobiography and prison confessions Panzram claimed he committed 21 murders (a majority of which were not corroborated) and over 1,000 sodomies of boys and men. He was executed for murdering a prison employee at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary. Panzram declared "“I don't believe in man, God nor Devil. I hate the whole damned human race, including myself. I preyed upon the weak, the harmless and the unsuspecting. This lesson I was taught by others: might makes right.”

Left yourself wide open on this one. This is just shooters.

Djinn

Council Hall
Dec 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
As I usually do, I pick a name at random, and spot check.

This guy is being called an atheist because he shot Christians after asking them of their faith. Of course, one of the victims he executed claimed to be agnostic - it didn't matter. He was shooting everyone. There is no known information about his personal religious beliefs.

Oh, and Devin Patrick Kelley was a former Bible studies teacher at Kingsville First Baptist Church (not the one he shot up).

Nov 2008
Washington state
As I usually do, I pick a name at random, and spot check.

This guy is being called an atheist because he shot Christians after asking them of their faith. Of course, one of the victims he executed claimed to be agnostic - it didn't matter. He was shooting everyone. There is no known information about his personal religious beliefs.

Oh, and Devin Patrick Kelley was a former Bible studies teacher at Kingsville First Baptist Church (not the one he shot up).
I randomly checked this one from my link

James Oliver Huberty, perpetrator of the San Ysidro McDonald's massacre (July 1984)[25]
Carl Panzram (1891-1930) was an American serial killer, rapist, arsonist, robber and burglar. In his autobiography and prison confessions Panzram claimed he committed 21 murders (a majority of which were not corroborated) and over 1,000 sodomies of boys and men. He was executed for murdering a prison employee at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary. Panzram declared "“I don't believe in man, God nor Devil. I hate the whole damned human race, including myself. I preyed upon the weak, the harmless and the unsuspecting. This lesson I was taught by others: might makes right.”

Nov 2016
USA

Dimitrios Pagourtzis, Santa Fe, Texas shooter who killed at least 10 people at a public school, described himself as an atheist on his Facebook page (May 2018)
Gabriel Ross Parker, shooter at Marshall County High School in Kentucky who murdered two people (January 2018)
Devin Patrick Kelley, perpetrator of the Sutherland Springs, Texas shooting at First Baptist Church, murdered 26 people (November 2017)
Jeffrey Dahmer, serial killer and sex offender responsible for the rape, murder, and dismemberment of seventeen men and boys (1978 - 1991)

Eric Robert Rudolph (born September 19, 1966), also known as the Olympic Park Bomber, is an American terrorist convicted for a series of anti-abortion and anti-gay-motivated bombings across the southern United States between 1996 and 1998, which killed three people and injured 150 others.[1][2] Rudolph spent five years on the FBI Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list until he was caught in 2003. In 2005, as part of a plea bargain, he pleaded guilty to numerous state and federal homicide charges and accepted four consecutive life sentences in exchange for avoiding a trial and a potential death sentence. He remains incarcerated at the ADX Florence Supermax prison near Florence, Colorado.

Paul Jennings Hill (February 6, 1954 – September 3, 2003) was an American minister convicted for the anti-abortion motivated killing of physician John Brittonand Britton's bodyguard James Barrett in 1994. Hill was sentenced to death by lethal injection and was executed on September 3, 2003.

John C. Salvi III (March 2, 1972 – November 29, 1996) was a Catholic abortion opponent who carried out fatal shootings at two reproductive health clinics in Brookline, Massachusetts, on December 30, 1994, killing two and wounding five. He died in 1996 of an apparent suicide.

Being an allegedly religious person does not stop them from shooting and killing others. The insinuation that atheists are the lawless ones is unmitigated horseshit.

Apr 2011
My mother's womb, of course.

Conservapedia's error in reasoning is a Texas Sharpshooter fallacy:

1) Start with a preconceived conclusion.
2) Gather up data that says a small minority of the atheist population have criminal records and, making a Biased Sampling fallacy, pretend those killers are representative samples of the entire atheist population.
3) Ignore the 325 Vatican pedophile priests who have raped little boys, the tens of thousands of Xian-sponsored deaths of other Xians in northern Ireland, and the 3,500 members of American Atheists who don't have criminal records.
4) Finish with the same preconceived conclusion.

As Djinn corrected you, Chris Harper wasn't an atheist. So when you look at the actual numbers, the number of Xian criminals are substantially higher:

325 Catholic priests molested children.
Warring Catholics and Protestants killed 3,600 people during The Troubles in northern Ireland. The Irish Republican Army had anywhere from 8,000 to 30,000 members.
10 atheist serial killers killed someone.

Now read those numbers and see who has a higher rate of criminal activity.

Catholic Church sexual abuse cases - Wikipedia
American Atheists - Wikipedia
Provisional Irish Republican Army - Wikipedia

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You left your vital organs wide open to attack with this small sampling of the atheist population. Ten atheists have killed people and thousands more Xians have either done the same or molested children.

Last edited: