How many copies of the MUELLER REPORT do you think were downloaded? 100/300 MIL/BILLION?

Jul 2015
Florida
I had NO idea. I figure if it got a headline it had to be a LITTLE or A LOT. My mailperson left a notice in the mailbox this very afternoon that my 'hard copy' is awaiting me at the post office along with some other Amazon stuff. How is my copy counted? Maybe my copy is among the 'downloads' except AMAZON only had to download ONE copy and keep printing.
We know of course a whole bunch of FOREIGNERS in and around TRUMP and HIS campaign did some fast and furious downloading but that ain't what drove it to 800MILL. (Putin will probably have his copy leather bound).
We found out how many times the Mueller report has been downloaded
POLITICO used a Freedom of Information Act request to find out just how much interest the Russia report generated.
08/15/2019 12:18 PM EDT​
Updated 08/15/2019 01:21 PM EDT​
The world anxiously awaited the end of Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, and a new eye-popping metric shows just how much that anticipation turned into actual downloads.
According to data obtained by POLITICO under the Freedom of Information Act, the special counsel’s final report was downloaded nearly 800 million times from DOJ’s website between its public release in mid-April and early July.
Not surprisingly, the highest number of downloads came on April 18, the day Attorney General William Barr released a redacted version of Mueller’s report. DOJ counted more than 644 million hits on that day alone.
But the traffic kept up after that, too. On April 19, there were more than 101 million downloads from people coming directly to DOJ’s webpage, as well as from links from other sources. Monster numbers continued each subsequent day too, with more than 25 million downloads on April 20, 10 million on April 21, and nearly 13 million on April 22.
Daily downloads of the Mueller report were largely in the tens of thousands after the initial week of its release and all the way through July 3, which is the cutoff day that DOJ stopped counting for POLITICO’s FOIA request. A couple of spikes happened surrounding Mueller’s first public remarks about his probe in late May, with more than 179,000 downloads the day of his remarks and more than 370,000 in the two days that followed.
The DOJ numbers released under FOIA do not account for multiple downloads from the same computer. The department also said that data on the amount of time anyone spent on the Mueller report was unavailable.
Still, the numbers reflect an overwhelming interest in obtaining a document nearly two years in the making that consumed Donald Trump’s White House and has since helped to kickstart a House impeachment investigation.
Amazingly, for all that traffic, the Justice Department website and the Mueller homepage did not go down during any of the peak periods. “We were ready to go that day,” said a senior DOJ official who added that the department “took appropriate measures” in anticipation of the high interest in the Russia probe. Another DOJ source explained that the department’s use of so-called “edge servers” helped relieve the strain on its primary justice.gov server.
politico.com/story/2019/08/15/mueller-report-downloaded-1464189

Jul 2015
Florida
I’m surprised. I thought it would be 12.

Americans don’t really read
For a month I was gonna download it and read it on paper and realized the ink and paper would cost more so I found it on Amazon for like 9 dollars. I finally sprung last week. I might wanna make notes so I wanted to work from a hard copy. I was very pleased to see that. I don't if it is 'copyrighted' and is paid for by the download and each successive copy made is counted and/or how they got to a 800MIL but that to me was an impressive amount! Surprised the hell out of me.

Jan 2007
Putin loves Mueller. The chaos it caused in America. Also Mueller kept quiet the Russian corruption surrounding Uranium One. That deal sailed right through.
Skolkovo was awesome too but that is more of a hillary thing. Mueller / Nadler are going nowhere.

Oct 2018
Somewhere they can't find me.
I’m surprised. I thought it would be 12.

Americans don’t really read

I think most people probably downloaded it as a "keepsake." That PDF was damn near impossible to read on any portable device. I finally found a free epub version that worked beautifully, though. I wonder if it was included in the total (doubtful, it as it wasn't from the DOJ site).

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Putin loves Mueller. The chaos it caused in America. Also Mueller kept quiet the Russian corruption surrounding Uranium One. That deal sailed right through.
Skolkovo was awesome too but that is more of a hillary thing. Mueller / Nadler are going nowhere.
You keep repeating that like it actually was illegal or something. Just because it pissed you off does not make it a crime.

Jul 2011
Tennessee
I had NO idea. I figure if it got a headline it had to be a LITTLE or A LOT. My mailperson left a notice in the mailbox this very afternoon that my 'hard copy' is awaiting me at the post office along with some other Amazon stuff. How is my copy counted? Maybe my copy is among the 'downloads' except AMAZON only had to download ONE copy and keep printing.
We know of course a whole bunch of FOREIGNERS in and around TRUMP and HIS campaign did some fast and furious downloading but that ain't what drove it to 800MILL. (Putin will probably have his copy leather bound).
We found out how many times the Mueller report has been downloaded
POLITICO used a Freedom of Information Act request to find out just how much interest the Russia report generated.
08/15/2019 12:18 PM EDT​
Updated 08/15/2019 01:21 PM EDT​
The world anxiously awaited the end of Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation, and a new eye-popping metric shows just how much that anticipation turned into actual downloads.
According to data obtained by POLITICO under the Freedom of Information Act, the special counsel’s final report was downloaded nearly 800 million times from DOJ’s website between its public release in mid-April and early July.
Not surprisingly, the highest number of downloads came on April 18, the day Attorney General William Barr released a redacted version of Mueller’s report. DOJ counted more than 644 million hits on that day alone.
But the traffic kept up after that, too. On April 19, there were more than 101 million downloads from people coming directly to DOJ’s webpage, as well as from links from other sources. Monster numbers continued each subsequent day too, with more than 25 million downloads on April 20, 10 million on April 21, and nearly 13 million on April 22.
Daily downloads of the Mueller report were largely in the tens of thousands after the initial week of its release and all the way through July 3, which is the cutoff day that DOJ stopped counting for POLITICO’s FOIA request. A couple of spikes happened surrounding Mueller’s first public remarks about his probe in late May, with more than 179,000 downloads the day of his remarks and more than 370,000 in the two days that followed.
The DOJ numbers released under FOIA do not account for multiple downloads from the same computer. The department also said that data on the amount of time anyone spent on the Mueller report was unavailable.
Still, the numbers reflect an overwhelming interest in obtaining a document nearly two years in the making that consumed Donald Trump’s White House and has since helped to kickstart a House impeachment investigation.
Amazingly, for all that traffic, the Justice Department website and the Mueller homepage did not go down during any of the peak periods. “We were ready to go that day,” said a senior DOJ official who added that the department “took appropriate measures” in anticipation of the high interest in the Russia probe. Another DOJ source explained that the department’s use of so-called “edge servers” helped relieve the strain on its primary justice.gov server.
politico.com/story/2019/08/15/mueller-report-downloaded-1464189
What's the revelance?