How many have or will vote straight democrat all the way in the midterms?

How many of you have or will vote straight democrat all the way in the midterms?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Dec 2006
required field
Normally I vote for a mix of candidates, but this year I'm voting a straight democratic ticket. I want republicans to take a beating, and I won't risk splitting votes between the democrats and third party candidates. Our votes in California don't mean a lot on the national stage, so I'll do what I can locally to make sure no Republican gets elected to any office anywhere in California if I can help it.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Yep, I voted straight Democrat. I even voted for the Democratic candidate for governor even though our Republican governor isn't a fringe, extremist Republican and he doesn't irritate me much.

Jul 2015
Florida
Normally I vote for a mix of candidates, but this year I'm voting a straight democratic ticket. I want republicans to take a beating, and I won't risk splitting votes between the democrats and third party candidates. Our votes in California don't mean a lot on the national stage, so I'll do what I can locally to make sure no Republican gets elected to any office anywhere in California if I can help it.
Ditto!

Oct 2013
USA
I voted straight Democrat. Anyone voting as if they don't understand the importance of a divided government should do themselves a favor and stay home.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Voted straight Republican only because the Democrats have gone insane.
Funny ... I voted straight Democratic because the Republicans have gone insane.
I voted straight Democrat. Anyone voting as if they don't understand the importance of a divided government should do themselves a favor and stay home.
It is about divided government now, for Democrats, but not always. We will want (whether feasible or not) to take the whole Congress and the White House in 2020. Of course, the party will need to get its act together between now and then irrespective of tomorrows outcomes. The reality is that the only way to take power from the Republicans is to elect Democrats into their positions.