How many have or will vote straight democrat all the way in the midterms?

How many of you have or will vote straight democrat all the way in the midterms?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
Bill Maher: "Dictator" Trump Is Restocking The Swamp And Remaking It Into His Own "Deep State"

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 5, 2018

After reading a list of signs that a country is being led by a dictator, HBO host Bill Maher concluded that President Trump is creating his own "deep state."

"I have never heard this term 'deep state' until Trump got into office, aka the government," Maher said on the Friday edition of HBO's Real Time. "That is our hope, the deep state. He talks about it in a disparaging way but my question to you is, how deep is the deep state because it's not infinite."

"At some point, it looks like they are trying to root out that they don't want and put the people in that they do," Maher said. "That's why he's always fuming about Rod Rosenstein and what a dumb idea it was to have Jeff Sessions be the Attorney General because he quit when he should have been protecting me and now we have Rosenstein - he's from Baltimore. I don't think there are any Republicans in Baltimore."

Bill Maher: "Dictator" Trump Is Restocking The Swamp And Remaking It Into His Own "Deep State"

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
This isn't a thread about Obama, I mentioned that I thought that Trump was a dictator. I only used Obama as a frame of reference.

This is how Trump is like a middle east dictator:

Install your family in government Iraq’s Saddam Hussein leaned heavily on his sons Uday and Qusay. Former Syrian President Hafez al-Assad also relied on his sons, one of whom is now the country’s president.

Blur the lines of authority it gives you maximum leverage when dealing with the large bureaucracies responsible for implementing your orders.

Hate on the media - sow seeds of mistrust in order to provide cover for your own missteps.

Fill your government with generals In the late 1980s and early 1990s, Tunisian leader Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali appointed military generals across many ministries. In Egypt, the military has taken charge of key sectors of the economy, like breadmaking, manufacturing, and construction.

so because he gave jr a job and fights back against the press who has lied incessantly about him he's as bad as saddam hussein?

really?

How does he "blur the lines of authority"?

Jul 2011
NYC/Москва

Posted By Ian Schwartz
On Date May 5, 2018

After reading a list of signs that a country is being led by a dictator, HBO host Bill Maher concluded that President Trump is creating his own "deep state."

"I have never heard this term 'deep state' until Trump got into office, aka the government," Maher said on the Friday edition of HBO's Real Time. "That is our hope, the deep state. He talks about it in a disparaging way but my question to you is, how deep is the deep state because it's not infinite."

"At some point, it looks like they are trying to root out that they don't want and put the people in that they do," Maher said. "That's why he's always fuming about Rod Rosenstein and what a dumb idea it was to have Jeff Sessions be the Attorney General because he quit when he should have been protecting me and now we have Rosenstein - he's from Baltimore. I don't think there are any Republicans in Baltimore."

Bill maher?

really?

Mar 2015
so because he gave jr a job and fights back against the press who has lied incessantly about him he's as bad as saddam hussein?

really?

How does he "blur the lines of authority"?
Are you seriously suggesting that Trump's nepotism was limited to Don jr?

Rev, what makes a dictator? What's your opinion of a dictator? Have you ever heard a president hate on the press the way Trump has?

Mar 2015
  1. Systematic efforts to intimidate the media: Check
  2. Building an official pro-Trump media network: Partial check.
  3. Politicizing the civil service, military, National Guard, or the domestic security agencies: Partial check.
  4. Using government surveillance against domestic political opponents: Nothing yet.
  5. Using state power to reward corporate backers and punish opponents: Worrisome, but not a big problem so far.
  6. Stacking the Supreme Court: Partial check.
  7. Enforcing the law for only one side: Blinking red.
  8. Really rigging the system: Blinking red.
  9. Fearmongering: Check.

Top 10 Signs of Creeping Authoritarianism, Revisited

Last edited:
Jul 2011
NYC/Москва
Are you seriously suggesting that Trump's nepotism was limited to Don jr?

Rev, what makes a dictator? What's your opinion of a dictator? Have you ever heard a president hate on the press the way Trump has?

A dictator would be a person who suspends our constitution and instills himself as "president for life". One who would declare martial law and suspend constitutional rights to consolidate power. I would not call a democratically elected president a "dictator" no matter how much I didn't like them.