How many have or will vote straight democrat all the way in the midterms?

How many of you have or will vote straight democrat all the way in the midterms?

• Yes

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters
Mar 2015
Istanbul NOT Constantinople...
A dictator would be a person who suspends our constitution and instills himself as "president for life". One who would declare martial law and suspend constitutional rights to consolidate power. I would not call a democratically elected president a "dictator" no matter how much I didn't like them.
WRONG! That's something a dictator would have you believe. A dictator would never admit to being a dictator. He would call himself an elected servant of the people.

Jul 2011
NYC
  1. Systematic efforts to intimidate the media: Check
  2. Building an official pro-Trump media network: Partial check.
  3. Politicizing the civil service, military, National Guard, or the domestic security agencies: Partial check.
  4. Using government surveillance against domestic political opponents: Nothing yet.
  5. Using state power to reward corporate backers and punish opponents: Worrisome, but not a big problem so far.
  6. Stacking the Supreme Court: Partial check.
  7. Enforcing the law for only one side: Blinking red.
  8. Really rigging the system: Blinking red.
  9. Fearmongering: Check.

Top 10 Signs of Creeping Authoritarianism, Revisited

1. Media relentlessly attacks trump and lies about him as much as he lies about them. so no check. fighting back is not dictatorial.
2. How is marketing yourself a dictatorial move? What are you even talking about?
3. How has he done this? you cant just list things without explaination.
4. Obama and the democrats did that AGAINST trump.
5. Obama did that with GE, Bush with haliburtion, do you think trump is doing anything different? explain, convince me,
6. Do you think if we had a democrat president they would do any different?
7. I don't even know what the fuck this means, no check for you.
8. How is he "rigging the system"?
9. both sides fear monger.

"Creeping authoritarianism"? I thought when I had my healthcare taken away for a more expensive less coverage policy was pretty authoritarian.

Jul 2011
NYC
WRONG! That's something a dictator would have you believe. A dictator would never admit to being a dictator. He would call himself an elected servant of the people.

So there wasn't a democratic election as has happened since the founding of this great nation? You think Trump is pulling the wool over our eyes and has siezed complete power?

Mar 2015
So there wasn't a democratic election as has happened since the founding of this great nation? You think Trump is pulling the wool over our eyes and has siezed complete power?
Dictators don't actually have to have "complete power" only enough support and cover for their tyrannical deeds.

Mar 2015
1. Media relentlessly attacks trump and lies about him as much as he lies about them. so no check. fighting back is not dictatorial.
2. How is marketing yourself a dictatorial move? What are you even talking about?
3. How has he done this? you cant just list things without explaination.
4. Obama and the democrats did that AGAINST trump.
5. Obama did that with GE, Bush with haliburtion, do you think trump is doing anything different? explain, convince me,
6. Do you think if we had a democrat president they would do any different?
7. I don't even know what the fuck this means, no check for you.
8. How is he "rigging the system"?
9. both sides fear monger.

"Creeping authoritarianism"? I thought when I had my healthcare taken away for a more expensive less coverage policy was pretty authoritarian.
I'm not going back and forth on 9 points. I posted what I felt were explanations. Your opinion is welcome. I have too much to do today, explaining why Trump is a wanna-be dictator (he's not quite there just yet) to ONE person is not worth my time.

Later.

Feb 2010
between Moon and NYC
I try to find at least one Republican to vote for in each cycle--usually something like state treasurer or auditor...someone who watches the money. Republicans are good at that and I distrust letting any one entity control everything.
Probably never a bad idea to find at least one candidate from the opposition party to vote for. Regardless of the specific reason.

In these polarized times it's good for the soul. Keeps the palette clean.

Jul 2011
NYC
I'm not going back and forth on 9 points. I posted what I felt were explanations. Your opinion is welcome. I have too much to do today, explaining why Trump is a wanna-be dictator (he's not quite there just yet) to ONE person is not worth my time.

Later.

Bye! Off you go.

Come back when you can form a complete position. I accept your concession.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
West Coast 4 Life
It's wrong to call Trump a dictator. The correct term would be "Wannabe Dictator". Our country has protections built in so that doesn't happen though.