How many people were aware of what asylum seekers/refugees bring to the U.S. economy in net value?

Jun 2013
Here
The cost to take in refugees versus what they add to the economy?

Why would the Trump administration not make this information easily available?

"Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees"
Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees

Did a Banned Federal Study Show That Refugees Bring in More in Government Revenues Than They Cost?

Just more evidence that the Trump administration inherently does not want America to know the truth when it comes to information that would undermine their political talking points.

It's not a surprise considering the longtime reputation our President has (begun long before he became President) for blatant lying on a daily basis.

Nov 2015
UK
The cost to take in refugees versus what they add to the economy?

Why would the Trump administration not make this information easily available?

"Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees"
Trump Administration Rejects Study Showing Positive Impact of Refugees

Did a Banned Federal Study Show That Refugees Bring in More in Government Revenues Than They Cost?

Just more evidence that the Trump administration inherently does not want America to know the truth when it comes to information that would undermine their political talking points.

It's not a surprise considering the longtime reputation our President has (begun long before he became President) for blatant lying on a daily basis.
All I can say is, the UK government commissioned a report into immigration and within the various conclusions, GDP % increase was 1/2% lower than population increase, that means, immigration didn't pay it's way by 1/2% of £2.8 trillion.

I can't see asylum seekers paying their way, imo, and I'm not sure if the impact is similar in other countries. The only trouble is, they tend to work for less than minimum wage, unscrupulous employers know that and legit workers are denied those jobs.

Reactions: OlGuy
Nov 2013
NY
All I can say is, the UK government commissioned a report into immigration and within the various conclusions, GDP % increase was 1/2% lower than population increase, that means, immigration didn't pay it's way by 1/2% of £2.8 trillion.

I can't see asylum seekers paying their way, imo, and I'm not sure if the impact is similar in other countries. The only trouble is, they tend to work for less than minimum wage, unscrupulous employers know that and legit workers are denied those jobs.
Maybe if you try to get out of the circle of minimum wage jobs.. education and such ?
Trying to work your way up, so you're competing in a different, less crowded tier ?

You know what they say, you can be sitting in your spot complaining, and you may even be right.. but the only good comes from you getting up and change your circumstances (actually, "I" am saying that, I wouldn't know who "they" would be)

Jan 2007
Yea, we heard this before about illegals, despite 30 billion being sent out of the country. Medical and school cost, prison & enforcement costs seem to get overlooked.
Since when have hordes of low educated non english speaking people been an economic benefit?

Democrats love poorly educated.

Nov 2015
UK
Maybe if you try to get out of the circle of minimum wage jobs.. education and such ?
Trying to work your way up, so you're competing in a different, less crowded tier ?

You know what they say, you can be sitting in your spot complaining, and you may even be right.. but the only good comes from you getting up and change your circumstances (actually, "I" am saying that, I wouldn't know who "they" would be)
Yup, if you don't wish to earn minimum wage, go learn and acquire the skills of a higher paid profession.

May 2012
By the wall
Do you know how much money the US government could make if it started selling heroin to grade school kids?

It doesn't mean they should do it.

Sep 2013
On a hill
Yea, we heard this before about illegals, despite 30 billion being sent out of the country. Medical and school cost, prison & enforcement costs seem to get overlooked.
Since when have hordes of low educated non english speaking people been an economic benefit?

Democrats love poorly educated.
Since they harvest our crops? Clean our pools? Take care of our children? Clean our homes? Wash our cars?

May 2012
By the wall
Since they harvest our crops? Clean our pools? Take care of our children? Clean our homes? Wash our cars?
Don't forget the breaking into our houses and raping little girls part though.

Is that worth it to you?