How Much Sexual Repression Is Ideal?

Nov 2015
Cyberia
I wonder if we still have laws that would have to repeal?
I have some funny stories on sexual repression that are more about culture than law. There are many areas in the U.S. that still believe women are owned. My adventures led me to believe that men gossip much more than women. It drives them crazy when a man shows up in their town with discretion and chivalry.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2014
Maryland
LOL, now I just typically want to lay there and let her do all the work.

Getting old kinda sucks.
Interesting. You never asked a woman out, they asked you. You're never propose to a woman they propose to you and in bed you do nothing but lay there. Obviously you identify with the feminine stereotype

Apr 2014
Maryland
I have some funny stories on sexual repression that are more about culture than law. There are many areas in the U.S. that still believe women are owned. My adventures led me to believe that men gossip much more than women. It drives them crazy when a man shows up in their town with discretion and chivalry.
I did a piece on etiquette for a newspaper years ago....etiquette, the silent power struggle.

May 2012
By the wall
I did a piece on etiquette for a newspaper years ago....etiquette, the silent power struggle.
Ooooohhhhh that's a good idea for a paper.

I think I will try to tie that in when I get around to taking another class.

Slowly working on Criminal Justice and Psychology at the moment if you have any thoughts about how to approach it.

Jun 2011
God Bless Texas
Short version addressing one portion of this q: don't do anything risky to your health and safety, otherwise have fun.

Apr 2014
Maryland
Ooooohhhhh that's a good idea for a paper.

I think I will try to tie that in when I get around to taking another class.

Slowly working on Criminal Justice and Psychology at the moment if you have any thoughts about how to approach it.
Most Etiquette is men being assertive....women passive . That is changing.

Apr 2014
Maryland
Can you elaborate or summarize? I get this feeling it's about betrayal.
Why would you think it's about betrayal? He article was written so long ago I forgot but as I said etiquette requires me to be assertive. Why is holding a door gender specific? We should all hold the door for the person behind us. Men are expected to ask the woman out and to pay for her. When I wrote the article my husband said that it was difficult asking a woman out because he might be rejected. But I said in the article, even though He may be rejected, he is the one that is encouraged to take the risk while the woman possibly waits for him to make the call. I think that is changing. Another example is women are expected to pay for weddings and take the mans name etc....