How My Kid Helped Save The Grinch

Aug 2018
Vancouver
My kid is in Grade 1. The school put a big poster up in the hall of the Grinch. The OG grinch. The animated one. He had his tiny little red heart but there were larger hearts in dotted lines around his heart - signifying (to most of us) the three sizes his heart had shrunk.

The kids were told that any time they saw someone do something nice for someone. Compliment them or help them or lend them a pencil - whatever - they could go get a little heart sticker and stick it in the first empty heart area. Writing in a log who did the kind thing.

The little hearts would then fill up one outlying heart size. Then the next. Then finally bring the Grinch’s heart back to three times bigger. Where it should be.

They finished in about three weeks and had a little ceremony. Yay! They saved the Grinch.

I’d heard about but just saw it today. On the bottom of the poster it reads “Hint: Kindness works on Grinches, Whovians, and Humans, too”.

Not gonna lie. My crusty, nasty old shrivelled heart grew a size when I actually saw it.

Great idea. Great lesson for the K to 6 schoolkods. Just wanted to share it.

Hope you’re all starting to get into the holiday spirit.

Tedminator

Former Staff
Jun 2010
South Florida
Eh? What’s wrong with Whovians?

Btw the latest season with the female doctor has been pretty good. I like it much bettter than the previous old guy.

Ian Jeffrey

Council Hall
Mar 2013
Vulcan, down the street from Darth Vader
Eh? What’s wrong with Whovians?

Btw the latest season with the female doctor has been pretty good. I like it much bettter than the previous old guy.
I have not seen any of the new ones yet ... waiting for them to hit Prime. Glad to hear it's going well, though, and I look forward to seeing the series.

Reactions: The Man