How old were you when you knew?

Amelia

Former Staff
Jun 2014
Wisconsin
How old were you when you knew you were gay, straight, bi, fluid, asexual, none-of-the-above, whatever you consider your sexuality to be?

I remember the night and the location -- but not the exact year -- so I can only narrow it down to my early to mid-20's.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2012
East coast USA
Not that I thought about it, neighbors dad had stack of Playboy magazines in downstairs bath. Two stacks from floor to ceiling. I enjoyed what looked at. First gay experiance, I was at mall perusing records, a man looked at me across from other isle and did a heads up, me just saying silent hello. When I left, I noticed man following me through mall. I walked right up security guard ( whom I knew from getting into trouble there ) and told him man was following. He asked which direction I was walking, I told towards Woodward and lothrup and he laughed. He said Woodies had a notorious gay bathroom where gays had sex, and the man thinks you are leading him there.

Reactions: 2 people
May 2012
By the wall
How old were you when you knew you were gay, straight, bi, fluid, asexual, none-of-the-above, whatever you consider your sexuality to be?

I remember the night and the location -- but not the exact year -- so I can only narrow it down to my early to mid-20's.
4th grade.

I remember the exact day and moment. Some girl turned to me in class and pointed to one of her spots and I am like, "OK that is turning me on."

Forget her name. After that I kept fixating on Mrs. Hall my math teacher who was beyond gorgeous.

HCProf

Council Hall
Sep 2014
USA
Never really thought about it...maybe the 8th grade dance when my favorite crush asked me to dance. :) I had never even met a gay person until I started college.

May 2012
By the wall
Never really thought about it...maybe the 8th grade dance when my favorite crush asked me to dance. :) I had never even met a gay person until I started college.
Me either.

Back then though they were kind of in the closet which is a shame, not like most of us care. I may be against gay marriage but that's just political, if you want to be gay then its none of my business.

Dec 2007
Middle of nowhere Arkansas
I'm of the opinion that depends upon the circumstances and culture involved. "Some" feel it's an activity people engage in, not necessarily an identity.

Many prison inmates are 'gay for*the stay' | The Independent

Consensual, same-sex prisoner relationships are common among both male and female inmates. It’s not a reflection of their sexuality, but more out of pragmatism and as a counterbalance to loneliness. The expression is “gay for the stay”............

Apr 2014
Maryland
I do this with my students. I asked them what attracts them to someone. It's usually undefinable. You cannot choose who you are turned on by. I may be turned on by George Clooney but that doesn't mean he'll be turned on by me. Oh, he probably would :)

Reactions: 4 people
Apr 2014
Maryland
I'm of the opinion that depends upon the circumstances and culture involved. "Some" feel it's an activity people engage in, not necessarily an identity.

Many prison inmates are 'gay for*the stay' | The Independent

Consensual, same-sex prisoner relationships are common among both male and female inmates. It’s not a reflection of their sexuality, but more out of pragmatism and as a counterbalance to loneliness. The expression is “gay for the stay”............
In prison it's about sex and nothing more. A lot of people get off with their hand but it doesn't mean that they want to marry their hands