How racial bias still sneaks in

Blueneck

Former Staff
Jun 2007
Ohio
That's sad. You would think people would try to be a little more sensitive about what they say to and in front of children. I mean, it's just good manners. I really think some people just think it's okay to be "plain spoken" about this stuff, and that no one should get their feelings hurt because they don't mean to be offensive, but sometimes those kinds of comments, no matter how they are intended, are hurtful anyway.

Reactions: 2 people
Mar 2010
Near Austin TX
This entire subject is a lie. First, racism can never be totally eradicated because humans just normally harbor a shitload of various prejudice of which racism is just one. Still, as individuals in America we continue to improve.

What the real problem is-and just this morning Limbaugh happen to touch on it- [but this is me speaking now] the racism everyone is talking about as resulting because the president is black, is purely driven by the Left and Democrats as a tool to demonize the Right and Republicans. Limbaugh noted, "all presidents are criticized". But the Left is not about to let one critique go by without calling it racially motivated. Even my "dimwit" progressive friends do it.

If you believe such nonsense it is only because you so despise your political adversaries and their ideas, you are willing to fool yourselves.

Reactions: 1 person
Jun 2011
N/A
This entire subject is a lie. First, racism can never be totally eradicated because humans just normally harbor a shitload of various prejudice of which racism is just one. Still, as individuals in America we continue to improve.

What the real problem is-and just this morning Limbaugh happen to touch on it- [but this is me speaking now] the racism everyone is talking about as resulting because the president is black, is purely driven by the Left and Democrats as a tool to demonize the Right and Republicans. Limbaugh noted, "all presidents are criticized". But the Left is not about to let one critique go by without calling it racially motivated. Even my "dimwit" progressive friends do it.

If you believe such nonsense it is only because you so despise your political adversaries and their ideas, you are willing to fool yourselves.
Oh, it's more complex than that and it goes back much farther than our 44th president. Three words for you:

Southern State Strategy.

So, so much for "is purely driven by the Left and Democrats as a tool to demonize the Right and Republicans."

If you ask me, the nutbags on your side of the aisle are doing a whizbag job of demonizing themselves ALL ON THEIR OWN.

Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2012
East coast USA
I remember sitting in a bar and a colored gentleman sat next to me. I did not recognize him but the bartender said hello to a sports newscaster. I don't watch sports so I had no idea.
Anyway, We start talking about children and I have 3 sons and a little experience with the subject, I joined in whole heartedly. He had 2 daughters and he asked what to respond to when your daughter wants to know why all the little kids think the white girls are the prettiest. I coughed, and had to admit I had never faced anything that serious. He was stumped also.

the watchman

Former Staff
Jul 2011
becoming more and more
"Colored"?

:smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

Mar 2010
Near Austin TX
Oh, it's more complex than that and it goes back much farther than our 44th president. Three words for you:

Southern State Strategy.

So, so much for "is purely driven by the Left and Democrats as a tool to demonize the Right and Republicans."

If you ask me, the nutbags on your side of the aisle are doing a whizbag job of demonizing themselves ALL ON THEIR OWN.
Yes, well then we'll just have to disagree. Racial tensions today are a construct of your side. It has purpose...
The Dennis Prager Show
Since neither black animosity nor the left's falsehood of "racial tensions" is based on the actual behavior of the vast majority of white Americans, nothing white America could do will affect either many blacks' perceptions or the leftist libel.

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious

There is real real racism out there. Some of it is subtle, some is disguised, some is denied, and some is plain as day.

There are those out there though, some right here on this forum, who build on that and portray that there is even more racism than there is in reality or that certain situations are racist when they may not be. Some do it honestly and some do it to use it as either a weapon or as justification.

There are also those like you and your buddy Rush who diminish, distort, underestimate, and unnecessarily deny real racism, playing it down... doing so for the same reasons, using it as a weapon or as justification.

Like most things in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Racism also extends everywhere even beyond the US and our actions or inactions are seen all over. I took a class for a DOT license and we had colleagues from Denmark attending and guest lecturing as we were studying their infrastructure. Well the one Danish man kept using the N word during class referring to several workers. Everyone was super uncomfortable, Finally one manager took him aside and asked him to please not use that word as it is considered offensive. He seemed annoyed and he answered "we hear that word in all your movies and young people's music and you dare to be offended when others use it? You people are hypocrites and should be ashamed." We were quite shocked and taken back. It led to a big discussion about race. One of those eye opening moments.