How the El Paso Killer Echoed the Incendiary Words of Conservative Media Stars

Jul 2013
On a happy trail
So? How does that make what he did ok? And Ocasio-Cortez has a large voice in the political process. She's arguable the most well known member of Congress not in leadership. People hear what she says.
And Trump disavowed the El Paso shooter. But for some reason, that's the end of the story for a leftist but they won't let it go for a conservative.

Did they directly call for violence? No? Then they aren't responsible. No one is responsible for violence unless they directly commit or abet the act or directly call for it. The media seems to get that when it comes to left wingers. But not when it comes to the right.
Poor, poor victim of that nasty Left wing media.

Jan 2007
A) he was killed
B) Does AOC run a network cable news show?
C) Sanders disavowed the shooter - obviously

So you tell me, what is the excuse of the conservative media stars, who reach millions of people, for using such incendiary language over and over again? After El Paso shooting now Mexicans/Lation's fear for their very lives. We are not talking about one or two people here. We are talking about most of the conservative pundits.

And why do you keep avoiding answering that question? And instead bring up Antifa, again?
The fact is millions of Mexicans break into our country, some over & over, many commit crime , many are in prison. The greater fact....you support it.

I suppose you will say.. that has been debunked.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
To be honest, I wouldnt give any credit to conservative media. They just are using phrases and terms that have been around for quite awhile now on various social media forums and sites. Quite a few far right radicals all over the world are on these sites and use them to attract followers. Several European attacks also cited the forums and talked about replacement theory nonsense when referring to Muslims in their home country. BTW just saw the FBI shut down a forum of "ElPaso shooting fans." It already had over 1700 "fans."

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
So? How does that make what he did ok? And Ocasio-Cortez has a large voice in the political process. She's arguable the most well known member of Congress not in leadership. People hear what she says.
And Trump disavowed the El Paso shooter. But for some reason, that's the end of the story for a leftist but they won't let it go for a conservative.

Did they directly call for violence? No? Then they aren't responsible. No one is responsible for violence unless they directly commit or abet the act or directly call for it. The media seems to get that when it comes to left wingers. But not when it comes to the right.
Did not say it was ok. LOL that AOC has more of a say than Fox News or people like Rush. Of course, Trump had to "disavow" him. But again, the shooter used Trump's own words and those of the conservative pundits when he admitted he was targeting Mexicans. Again, Coulter said "Shoot them"

For the life of me, I don't understand why a topic like this has to be so politically "tribal for you.

The words they use are dangerous. And now those words have inspired at least two mass shootings. And now Mexicans/Lation's are fearful for those lives.

That should concern EVERYONE, despite what your political views are.

Reactions: BigLeRoy

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
To be honest, I wouldnt give any credit to conservative media. They just are using phrases and terms that have been around for quite awhile now on various social media forums and sites. Quite a few far right radicals all over the world are on these sites and use them to attract followers. Several European attacks also cited the forums and talked about replacement theory nonsense when referring to Muslims in their home country. BTW just saw the FBI shut down a forum of "ElPaso shooting fans." It already had over 1700 "fans."
Just wow about that FB group. Here is the thing though about responsible journalism. You don't use words all the time that fan the flames. Again,a former Fox employee admitted that is their goal.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Did not say it was ok. LOL that AOC has more of a say than Fox News or people like Rush. Of course, Trump had to "disavow" him. But again, the shooter used Trump's own words and those of the conservative pundits when he admitted he was targeting Mexicans. Again, Coulter said "Shoot them"

For the life of me, I don't understand why a topic like this has to be so politically "tribal for you.

The words they use are dangerous. And now those words have inspired at least two mass shootings. And now Mexicans/Lation's are fearful for those lives.

That should concern EVERYONE, despite what your political views are.
AOC has over 5 million followers on Twitter. Don't act like she's some marginalized voice.
I can't remember one person in the media scolding her rhetoric after a maniac who used the exact same rhetoric tried to commit mass murder.
Because of course leftist rules always only apply to someone else.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Just wow about that FB group. Here is the thing though about responsible journalism. You don't use words all the time that fan the flames. Again,a former Fox employee admitted that is their goal.
Maybe but who is their audience? 70 year olds? A site that attracts or looks for disgruntled teens is far more dangerous. Schools around here now are warning of these groups as we get ready to start the new school year. Thats sad.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
AOC has over 5 million followers on Twitter. Don't act like she's some marginalized voice.
I can't remember one person in the media scolding her rhetoric after a maniac who used the exact same rhetoric tried to commit mass murder.
Because of course leftist rules always only apply to someone else.
Sure thing, 5 million people while far more than that listen to Rush and other conservative pundits in addition to Fox News

And ONE person took her words to "heart" so to speak. Go compare that to what goes on in again, places like 8 chan, Gab and the Daily Stormer.

And again, it's always so "tribal" for you.

Sad.

Reactions: OldGaffer