How the El Paso Killer Echoed the Incendiary Words of Conservative Media Stars

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Sure thing, 5 million people while far more than that listen to Rush and other conservative pundits in addition to Fox News

And ONE person took her words to "heart" so to speak. Go compare that to what goes on in again, places like 8 chan, Gab and the Daily Stormer.

And again, it's always so "tribal" for you.

Sad.
It's not a contest. Why are you pretending that she has that many people who listen to her but her rhetoric doesn't matter? Oh yeah...that's why.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Maybe but who is their audience? 70 year olds? A site that attracts or looks for disgruntled teens is far more dangerous. Schools around here now are warning of these groups as we get ready to start the new school year. Thats sad.
Lots of people listen to conservative pundits. Have no idea about the age range. And again, they spread outright lies.

Yes, it is sad.

People are now buying their kid's bulletproof backpacks :(

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
It's not a contest. Why are you pretending that she has that many people who listen to her but her rhetoric doesn't matter? Oh yeah...that's why.
I follow about 140 people on Twitter from both sides. To suggest what someone may post on twitter vs. wall to wall coverage is absurd.

But yep, still can't bring yourself to say that maybe people like Ann Coulter should take it down a notch or two.

Jan 2016
Colorado
Lots of people listen to conservative pundits. Have no idea about the age range. And again, they spread outright lies.

Yes, it is sad.

People are now buying their kid's bulletproof backpacks :(
What's worse is that those backpacks aren't really "bulletproof"------they certainly won't stop a military-style assault rifle. The companies making those rather expensive backpacks are really profiteering on the very legitimate fears of parents about sending their kids to school.....

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I follow about 140 people on Twitter from both sides. To suggest what someone may post on twitter vs. wall to wall coverage is absurd.

But yep, still can't bring yourself to say that maybe people like Ann Coulter should take it down a notch or two.
Pretending like she doesn't have a voice that many people hear is absurd. And I'm not playing along with the shame conservatives into silence game. Not with people who have no intention of holding themselves to the same standard.

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
If anything the tenure of discussion between left and right on the subject did absolutely nothing to either help the situation nor come together to find a solution.

Boycotts, cages, camps, photo-ops, crying, lying, whining, using the media against each other.

Conversation now is about who is the worst bad guy between bad guys.

If anyone can sympathize with that shared responsibility, do you think we can recover from it?

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
Pretending like she doesn't have a voice that many people hear is absurd. And I'm not playing along with the shame conservatives into silence game. Not with people who have no intention of holding themselves to the same standard.
I never said she did not have a "voice".

But again, it pales in comparison to the amount of "voice" that people like Limbaugh, Hannity, have with their daily radio shows, or most of the entire Fox News lineup.

Great you find your one boogeyman in AOC, yet cannot just say, maybe Ann Coulter should not say things like "Just shoot them".

Jan 2007
Sure thing, 5 million people while far more than that listen to Rush and other conservative pundits in addition to Fox News

And ONE person took her words to "heart" so to speak. Go compare that to what goes on in again, places like 8 chan, Gab and the Daily Stormer.

And again, it's always so "tribal" for you.

Sad.
Rush has been at it 30+ years and how many are inspired to go do a mass killing? Some moron at McConnel's house was promoting the idea of stabbing him in the heart.

HayJenn

Jul 2014
CA
If anything the tenure of discussion between left and right on the subject did absolutely nothing to either help the situation nor come together to find a solution.

Boycotts, cages, camps, photo-ops, crying, lying, whining, using the media against each other.

Conversation now is about who is the worst bad guy between bad guys.

If anyone can sympathize with that shared responsibility, do you think we can recover from it?
Believe me, not a fan of AOC. She needs to chill out too. Along with Omar.

Macduff

Apr 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
I never said she did not have a "voice".

But again, it pales in comparison to the amount of "voice" that people like Limbaugh, Hannity, have with their daily radio shows, or most of the entire Fox News lineup.

Great you find your one boogeyman in AOC, yet cannot just say, maybe Ann Coulter should not say things like "Just shoot them".
I'm really not interested in holding her responsible for the acts of a maniac. I'm not rushing to use tragedies to try to shut down people I disagree with.