How Tim Tebow survived Abortion

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Can you please back that? That is literally the first time I’ve heard that.
Exodus 21:22-25. 22. And should men quarrel and hit a pregnant woman, and she miscarries but there is no fatality, he shall surely be punished, when the woman’s husband makes demands of him, and he shall give [restitution] according to the judges’ [orders]. 23. But if there is a fatality, you shall give a life for a life, 24. an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot. 25. a burn for a burn, a wound for a wound, a bruise for a bruise.

In other words, the life of the fetus is not considered fully human and not subject to the eye for an eye or life for a life penalty that would happen if the woman had been killed. If someone causes a miscarriage they are simply fined.

Dec 2018
Florida
Exodus 21:22-25. 22. And should men quarrel and hit a pregnant woman, and she miscarries but there is no fatality, he shall surely be punished, when the woman’s husband makes demands of him, and he shall give [restitution] according to the judges’ [orders]. 23. But if there is a fatality, you shall give a life for a life, 24. an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot. 25. a burn for a burn, a wound for a wound, a bruise for a bruise.

In other words, the life of the fetus is not considered fully human and not subject to the eye for an eye or life for a life penalty that would happen if the woman had been killed. If someone causes a miscarriage they are simply fined.
Interesting. I’ve read that in the past, but never paid much attention to it. I was listening to the gospel of Mark last night. :shrug:

Jun 2013
Here
Secularism has also made it so you can practice your faith unhindered.

Please tell us, just what "practicing your faith" entails and exactly how you or any others are hindered.

Does secularism hinder anyone from silently praying to their God? How does secularism hinder believers from having and continuing to have faith when faith can only be a matter between themselves and God/Christ (those they have faith in)?

What is required of faith, other than having it and living in such a way you (not others) show you have faith, as in doing virtuous, NOT sinful, things?

Is someone hindering Christians from practicing virtuous pursuits that oppose sins?

Humility cures Pride
Kindness cures Envy
Abstinence cures Gluttony
Chastity cures Lust
Patience cures Wrath
Liberality cures Greed
Diligence cures Sloth

https://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/documents/Seven_Deadly_Sins.pdf

Tim Tebow is known best for what?
Matthew 6:5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward.
What Does the Bible Say About Praying In Public?
Matt 6:5 Cross References (31 Verses)

Why are people that claim to be against sin, supporting a man who is almost unprecedented when it comes to sin, to sit as the leader of their nation?
What Does the Bible Say About False Teachings?

Is Donald Trump prideful (narcissistic)?
Is Donald Trump gluttonous?
Is Donald Trump lustful?
Is Donald Trump wrathful (vengeful)?
Is Donald Trump greedy?

Tell us, where does abortion (specifically) and homosexuality fit on the following list of Commandments supposedly directly from God?
Ten Commandments - Wikipedia

Where does adultery, coveting, greed, bearing false witness (lying) claiming one has to "take out the families" of terrorists to punish the terrorists, fraud (ripping off or shortchanging) and more fit on the list of Commandments?

Why did those whining about the "sins" of abortion and homosexuality, elect and continue to support a man who practices as many or more sins?

Why? We know why and they know why too, they just hope there enough ignorant people to buy into their false teachings and false claims that they follow Christ, when they are in fact, supporting someone who neither tells the truth or follows Christ, in practice.

Freedom of religion and freedom of speech allow false teachers to teach their BS, but free speech and freedom of religion ALSO protect a right to confront those, spreading false teachings and supporting the sinful, even as they condemn those they deem to be sinful.

Hypocrisy - Wikipedia

Double standard - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Dec 2018
Florida
Please tell us, just what "practicing your faith" entails and exactly how you or any others are hindered.

Does secularism hinder others from silently praying to their God? How does secularism hinder believers from having and continuing to have faith?

What is required of faith, other than having it and living in such a way you (not others) show you have faith, as in doing virtuous, NOT sinful, things?

Is someone hindering Christians from practicing virtuous pursuits that oppose sins?

Humility cures Pride
Kindness cures Envy
Abstinence cures Gluttony
Chastity cures Lust
Patience cures Wrath
Liberality cures Greed
Diligence cures Sloth

https://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/documents/Seven_Deadly_Sins.pdf

Tim Tebow is known best for what?
Matthew 6:5 And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their full reward.
What Does the Bible Say About Praying In Public?
Matt 6:5 Cross References (31 Verses)

Why are people that claim to be against sin, supporting a man who is almost unprecedented when it comes to sin, to sit as the leader of their nation?
What Does the Bible Say About False Teachings?

Is Donald Trump prideful (narcissistic)?
Is Donald Trump gluttonous?
Is Donald Trump lustful?
Is Donald Trump wrathful (vengeful)?
Is Donald Trump greedy?

Tell us, where does abortion (specifically) and homosexuality fit on the following list of Commandments supposedly directly from God?

Where does adultery, coveting, greed, bearing false witness (lying) claiming one has to "take out the families" of terrorists to punish the terrorists, fraud (ripping off or shortchanging) and more fit on the list of Commandments?

Why did those whining about the "sins" of abortion and homosexuality, elect and continue to support a man who practices as many or more sins?

Why? We know why and they know why too, they just hope there enough ignorant people to buy into their false teachings and false claims to follow Christ, when they are in fact supporting someone who neither tells the truth or follows Christ, in practice.
What???

My statement was that secularism has allowed the practice of his religion unhindered. UNhindered. My statement was in support of secularism as a means. Why? Because I’m a student of history.

Further. Spare me the holier than thou crap about supporting trump. You can’t vote for a politician in America without having a high probability of supporting a scumbag.

Jun 2013
Here
What???

My statement was that secularism has allowed the practice of his religion unhindered. UNhindered. My statement was in support of secularism as a means. Why? Because I’m a student of history.

Further. Spare me the holier than thou crap about supporting trump. You can’t vote for a politician in America without having a high probability of supporting a scumbag.

Please pardon my mistake, regarding your comment on secularism and my reading it wrong, my eye mistakenly adding an apostrophe "t" to the word "can" . I imagine you would then support what I said (essentially, the same as what you claim).

What's with the spare you the holier than thou stuff? Even SECULAR people have VALUES, do they not? So do many Christians and people of other religions, for all of their fellow "believers" that seem to defy what they claim to believe in.

It seems quite sad that you appear to believe that anyone who runs for any political office (to represent the people (that's YOU)) has a high probability of being a scumbag. Based on that, do you vote or just leave your representation up to others to choose so you can then hypocritically whine about who they chose? Maybe you have some concerns that equally as scummy are those that pump huge amounts of money into supporting "scumbags" from OUTSIDE government? After all, would you believe politicians are paying off politicians or would you believe politicians are or become scumbags because of all those scumbags trying to INFLUENCE them, from the outside?

Would YOU, consider running for office, to do as every other politician since the beginning of politics has done, claim to "CLEAN IT ALL UP" and remove the "SCUMBAGS"???? If not, why not, other than reasonable limitations that might prevent you from running?

Democracy or representative government works in what way, without the election of representatives by those who the representatives will be representing? What would be your preferred means of government or representation be and if you have no other preferred means, how would YOU propose to stop the "high probability of supporting a scumbag" when one votes for a representative in America? Maybe you believe America is composed only of "scumbags" and therefore one should not care even about the degree to which a "scumbag" IS a "scumbag"?

Is there a difference between involuntary manslaughter and first degree, premeditated murder? In both cases someone died at the hand of someone else. If you had to elect one of them, which one would you elect?

Last edited:
Nov 2008
Washington state
Only to anti-choice people. Even in the Bible the killing of a fetus in the womb wasn't considered murder. The guilty party merely paid a fine.
You talking about this case?
Exodus 21:22-25 describes a case where a pregnant woman jumps into a fight between her husband and another man and suffers injuries that cause her to miscarry. Injuries to the woman prompt the normal penalties for harming another human being: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Killing the woman is murder, a capital crime.

The miscarriage is treated differently, however -- as property loss, not murder. The assailant must pay a fine to the husband. The law of a life for a life does not apply. The fetus is important, but it's not human life in the same way the pregnant woman is.

It was an accident not intentional as abortion is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious
You talking about this case?
Exodus 21:22-25 describes a case where a pregnant woman jumps into a fight between her husband and another man and suffers injuries that cause her to miscarry. Injuries to the woman prompt the normal penalties for harming another human being: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life. Killing the woman is murder, a capital crime.

The miscarriage is treated differently, however -- as property loss, not murder. The assailant must pay a fine to the husband. The law of a life for a life does not apply. The fetus is important, but it's not human life in the same way the pregnant woman is.

It was an accident not intentional as abortion is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Accidental property loss though, right? Not accidental murder.

Dec 2018
Florida
Please pardon my mistake, regarding your comment on secularism and my reading it wrong, my eye mistakenly adding an apostrophe "t" to the word "can" . I imagine you would then support what I said (essentially, the same as what you claim).

What's with the spare you the holier than thou stuff? Even SECULAR people have VALUES, do they not? So do many Christians and people of other religions, for all of their fellow "believers" that seem to defy what they claim to believe in.

It seems quite sad that you appear to believe that anyone who runs for any political office (to represent the people (that's YOU)) has a high probability of being a scumbag. Based on that, do you vote or just leave your representation up to others to choose so you can then hypocritically whine about who they chose? Maybe you have some concerns that equally as scummy are those that pump huge amounts of money into supporting "scumbags" from OUTSIDE government? After all, would you believe politicians are paying off politicians or would you believe politicians are or become scumbags because of all those scumbags trying to INFLUENCE them, from the outside?

Would YOU, consider running for office, to do as every other politician since the beginning of politics has done, claim to "CLEAN IT ALL UP" and remove the "SCUMBAGS"???? If not, why not, other than reasonable limitations that might prevent you from running?

Democracy or representative government works in what way, without the election of representatives by those who the representatives will be representing? What would be your preferred means of government or representation be and if you have no other preferred means, how would YOU propose to stop the "high probability of supporting a scumbag" when one votes for a representative in America? Maybe you believe America is composed only of "scumbags" and therefore one should not care even about the degree to which a "scumbag" IS a "scumbag"?

Is there a difference between involuntary manslaughter and first degree, premeditated murder? In both cases someone died at the hand of someone else. If you had to elect one of them, which one would you elect?
What is with my view? I recognize that since the dawn of organized government...it has attracted the most corrupt people in history. That is the point of our style of government. To limit their influence on society. Our government is no different in the attraction of the sociopaths and narcissists. So I’d rather be cynical and simply distrust the lot of them.

I’m sure you wouldn’t want to start opening closets in DC. It might be a tad dark for the less cynical.