How To Find Reliable Information On Latin American Refugees

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
The problem is that migration is an ongoing phenomenon.

You are looking at migration in the "caravan" lens. That is a major mistake to begin with/

Migration is fluid and the groups are not a monolithic group with one mind and one set of goals. They may travel together, but their final destination and route may not be the same for all. Many seek refuge in Mexico.

BBC News World is pretty straight forward.
*Deleted. Duplicate post.

Dec 2014
NWOHQ
They don't qualify as asylum seekers either.
Why not? They conform to the definition of the term we use in Australia: a person who has left their home country as a political refugee and is seeking asylum in another.

You were going 'full snowflake' about the term 'refugee', so I merely offered you an alternative.

You should probably do a lil' research before just parroting fake news head lines.
I was responding to your whining over the term 'refugee', and it had nothing to do with the news. Anyway, what you consider news, the rest of us label as 'conspiracy theory sites' (surely, you haven't forgotten your embarrassment with the Seth Rich and Pizzagate lunacy?).

Last edited:
Jun 2018
Florida
I agree. Humans are no more likely to respect national boundaries whilst fleeing for their lives than any other mammal, fleeing a wildfire.
You think that's why they're coming here ? "Fleeing for their lives" ? If so, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

Jun 2014
Cleveland, Ohio
You think that's why they're coming here ? "Fleeing for their lives" ? If so, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell to you.

No, of course I don't.

EVERYONE knows, this is just a huge publicity stunt, organized by George Soros and Hillary Clinton.*

*THAT was sarcasm. Need a tissue or a nap, to recover from the shock? littleboygif.gif

Last edited:
Nov 2018
Wixhausen, part of darmstadt
To get back to the original thought of this debate, I´m not sure if it helps to take a look at media Coverage in Latin American Countries? Which are serious magazines? Is someone able to undestand enough of Spanish to find anything out?