How will the normally left leaning press handle the IG's report on Fisa and the DOJ?

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Assuming the rumors are correct and that this report will reveal an orchestrated attempt to destroy the Trump administration in its infancy, what is the likely response from the usual media suspects? This is a speculation thread with a payoff of seeing who ends up being right.

1) Wag the Dog with alternate stories and amplify the outrage to drown out the report?
2) Directly attack the IG as a Trump stooge, cult follower, etc?
3) Fully embrace the report and use it to destroy Biden's candidacy? (thereby promoting the more liberal candidates).
4) Fully embrace the report and use it to reveal Obama's failings as a true liberal? (thereby promoting the more liberal candidates).
5) Pretend it doesn't matter or that it's "old news" and give it a very brief glance?
6) Insert your theory here.

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Folks who actually study political science should be interested in this thread.

Please prove me wrong, but I fear this discussion board is populated with cut and pasters who don't want to think, get paid to be political mercenaries or both.

Or even worse, folks who argue a narrow beamed line of bull they fully endorse and somehow imagine that someone reading their screed will be impressed.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
I think the report will show there were a few people who can't stand Trump but that it in no way affected anything overall. I think you're counting your chickens before they've hatched. There most certainly was no coordinated effort to work against Trump. The report will be nuanced and leave room for people to interpret things their own way. And we all know how you'll interpret it.

Jan 2015
Great State of Texas
The media will ignore the IG report for the most part.

They will spin and lie about what they can.

And, they will create another fabricated sensational fake news story to distract from the IG report.

The Left is predictable if nothing else.

Ignore ... Spin ... Lie ... Distract

kmiller1610

Former Staff
Mar 2007
Specifically, what is your point with this post?
Compare the amount of coverage, the sources and the tone of the pieces with the Pre-Mueller report coverage.

Without actually saying it, that was my point.

And in the end, when all of this has passed, the hollow accusation of conspiring with a foreign power to mess with an election will have gotten 100 times the coverage, analysis and echo than the accusation that members of an outgoing administration tried to mess with the very same election and tried to undermine the incoming administration.

In reality the latter problem is far more important because the integrity of our institutions is at stake.

That is my point and my only point. This can't happen again.

Babba

Former Staff
Jul 2007
So. Md.
Compare the amount of coverage, the sources and the tone of the pieces with the Pre-Mueller report coverage.

Without actually saying it, that was my point.

And in the end, when all of this has passed, the hollow accusation of conspiring with a foreign power to mess with an election will have gotten 100 times the coverage, analysis and echo than the accusation that members of an outgoing administration tried to mess with the very same election and tried to undermine the incoming administration.

In reality the latter problem is far more important because the integrity of our institutions is at stake.

That is my point and my only point. This can't happen again.
So, if Russia tries to mess with an election and our intelligence and LE communities find out about it, they should ignore it? And if they find over 200 contacts between the Russians and a particular campaign, they should just ignore it? Also, you make it seem as though Obama was orchestrating the investigations. That's so much bullshit. And in what way did the Obama administration undermine Trump's incoming administration?

You're doing it again, kmiller. You've come up with a scenario in your head and then you ignore actual facts in order to make it all come out the way you made up in your head. The whole world was in on this and that's what would be required for your storyline to be true. It would require the worldwide intelligence community and the worldwide media to be working together against poor Donald Trump. Even if you believe our intel community has actually done what you've made up in your head, do you honestly believe that the intel communities in other countries are that invested in first keeping Trump out of office and now getting him out? Even if our news media is out to get Trump, do you sincerely believe the rest of the news media on the planet is doing that? Really?

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
So, if Russia tries to mess with an election and our intelligence and LE communities find out about it, they should ignore it? And if they find over 200 contacts between the Russians and a particular campaign, they should just ignore it? Also, you make it seem as though Obama was orchestrating the investigations. That's so much bullshit. And in what way did the Obama administration undermine Trump's incoming administration?

You're doing it again, kmiller. You've come up with a scenario in your head and then you ignore actual facts in order to make it all come out the way you made up in your head. The whole world was in on this and that's what would be required for your storyline to be true. It would require the worldwide intelligence community and the worldwide media to be working together against poor Donald Trump. Even if you believe our intel community has actually done what you've made up in your head, do you honestly believe that the intel communities in other countries are that invested in first keeping Trump out of office and now getting him out? Even if our news media is out to get Trump, do you sincerely believe the rest of the news media on the planet is doing that? Really?
This mental conjuring has been going on ever since the election, and now this IG report is going to finally confirm everything that has been conjured for the last 3 years, just wait and see...just wait and see....

Jan 2019
southeast
Assuming the rumors are correct and that this report will reveal an orchestrated attempt to destroy the Trump administration in its infancy, what is the likely response from the usual media suspects? This is a speculation thread with a payoff of seeing who ends up being right.

1) Wag the Dog with alternate stories and amplify the outrage to drown out the report?
2) Directly attack the IG as a Trump stooge, cult follower, etc?
3) Fully embrace the report and use it to destroy Biden's candidacy? (thereby promoting the more liberal candidates).
4) Fully embrace the report and use it to reveal Obama's failings as a true liberal? (thereby promoting the more liberal candidates).
5) Pretend it doesn't matter or that it's "old news" and give it a very brief glance?
6) Insert your theory here.
We already have #2 in a way going on by one poster on Barr.