How will the Republicans get past the browning of America/demographics

can the Republicans get past their negative Images as far as Immigrant & minorities are concerned

• This configuration of republicans need a negative Image of these groups as a tool to get their vote

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Time heals all things

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • They will be able to take away enough of these groups votes to continue in power without them.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • yes they can get past this by shifting over to support these groups

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
You say "...the browning of America..." Is that perchance also like the Blacking of America and the Yellowing of America for parity? Just curious.

Jan 2019
Batmania
Things may be changing. Here is a view of current people registered as Republicans.

Gen Z could be the force to move the GOP to the left
There are at least three ways to read that chart.

The one you took is to say that there is (1) a generational change that will flow through.
The other is to say that people become (2) more conservative as they age
Or (3) more conservative live to old age

Option 1 may be true but only time will tell.
Option 2 could be evaluated by looking at charts other a several generations, I think anecdotally that is likely true to some extent
Option 3 is possibly true, again anecdotally it seems to me that there is a correlation between wealth and conservatism and also wealth and getting to be old.

As we all know 74.3% of statistic are just made up and you can prove anything with statistic 82.3% of the time.
As the saying goes "lies, damned lies and statistics"

Jan 2019
Batmania
e
You say "...the browning of America..." Is that perchance also like the Blacking of America and the Yellowing of America for parity? Just curious.
Latinos are people who speak a a language based from latin (which seems to escape some people is a European language), who traditionally follow a European based form of Christianity and have a majority European genetic makeup.
If someone moved directly from Italy to the US, they are white.
If they moved from Italy to Argentina and thence to America, they are Latino.

I could agree that America is decreasing the percentage of northern European genes and increasing southern European genes but the vast majority of American ancestry will still be European, albeit with a slightly greater admixture of non European.

Dec 2015
From Your Heart!
e

Latinos are people who speak a a language based from latin (which seems to escape some people is a European language), who traditionally follow a European based form of Christianity and have a majority European genetic makeup.

I could agree that America is decreasing the percentage of northern European genes and increasing southern European genes but the vast majority of American ancestry will still be European, albeit with a slightly greater admixture of non European.
I am in agreement with you on what you say! I only wish others would drop their damn prejudices and admit to all of that as well.
Speaking of people from Italy, the Italians, while they too are considered to be White by race just like Hispanics and Latinos are, many times people forget that Italians are Latins too! Just as Latin as the Spaniards, the French, the Portuguese, the Mexicans and the Romanians. Yet one rarely hears that mentioned about Italians and one just has to wonder why? It should be. They should be proud of that fact too!

But what I was talking about was the unfair usage of the term "brown" or "browning" which is an ethnic slur to many Hispanics and Latinos since so many are actually White-skinned with blond hair and blue or green eyes. You need go no farther than to Mexico City and many other parts to see that. You can also see them in many of the Mexican soap operas or "novelas." Yet some Anglo people who seem to not know any better egregiously use that term "brown" apparently to refer to even those Latinos whose skin color is perhaps even whiter than theirs e.g., Christina Aguilera, Cameron Diaz, Sofia Vergara, Jessica Alba, Vanna White, Sonya Walger (Argentine), Charo, Shayne Lamas (Argentine), Raquel Welch, Paulina Rubio, Charlie Sheen and many others.

Mar 2015
Minnesota
e

What a hoot , the situation is simple , whites aren't having large families in this country and all shade other then white are. You had 2 decades before the browning of America will make up more then 50% of the country, but since you elected the pile of shit , this will be the last president with a R before their name. Tell me how your going to get them to vote for your hate group when you have treated them like shit for decades. This is what will happen the hate party is dead, you and your fellow hater are toast, over the next decade your hate group will shrivel up and die , get this straight I'm in total support of a conservative party but not you Nazi wannabees. The one with the r in front of it will be history as it should be because the name republican is so poisoned that the conservative party won't be able to use it. There will be a new conservative party that I'm planning on helping to get going in any way that I can even money, I won't vote for them but any group that takes the rain and is not this hate group and who are patriots and don't hate this country and our government and doesn't put the biggest threat to this country in office as their leader has my support. They will have to be able to govern with the Democrats.