Howard accused of war crimes over Iraq troop deployment

M

Migi e!

"International Criminal Court"
Won't wash. That group has been trying to gain world legal dominance for a long time.
Who was it that said the same thing about Bill Clinton?

M

michaelr

Too bad Australia isn't protected by our constitution.
Why? I was kina hoping this would be the beginning of something good. Hell they can cart them all off to the hoosegow and toss the hey. This country and a few others has committed murder, they stole a country.

M

Migi e!

Why? I was kina hoping this would be the beginning of something good. Hell they can cart them all off to the hoosegow and toss the hey. This country and a few others has committed murder, they stole a country.
You would want the IC to have jurisdiction over the US?

T

TurnBackTheClock

The most that could come out of this is that him and maybe a couple of others will become fall guys. The real criminal masterminds will be off living in retirement with their billions of dollars that they won't have to spend because everything will be taken care of by the taxpayers.

B

Bowerbird

Thing is - they probably have a better chance with Howard than with Bush. Pre-war there was a LOT of evidence published here that this was unfounded and wrong. We even had senior foreign office diplomats resign because they were convinced that the evidence for war was wrong.
An uncomfortable reminder then, as Australia’s soldiers leave, of what the “supreme international crime†as articulated at Nuremberg in 1946 is: the “planning, preparation, initiation or waging of a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurancesâ€.
The progress of defeat: the withdrawal of Australian forces - On Line Opinion - 10/6/2008