How's all the #winning grabbin ya?

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
Thanks Obama!

Amirite?... amirite?
Why would I thank Obama for tamping down economic recovery?

America had lost all hope for positive change and had accepted Obama's 1.58% annual economic growth rate as the new normal. Thank goodness Obama is gone and Donald J Trump is bringing prosperity back to America.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN

America had lost all hope for positive change and had accepted Obama's 1.58% annual economic growth rate as the new normal. Thank goodness Obama is gone and Donald J Trump is bringing prosperity back to America.
Can you say bubble? Sure you can.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2016
My own world
You're right, I actually did divest shortly after the housing burst. So I reaped all the benefits during Obama Term 1. The economy is a kabuki show anyway. And it's a lot easier to predict than people would have you believe. Probably because if the layman figured out even the basics of what's in the public domain about how the market works, they'd never bother investing a dime in that bullshit. I remain unattached to the whims of HFT.
Can you say bubble? Sure you can.

I agree, these idiots buy high and sell low. If you are fallowing the crowd you are always behind. You have to invest in markets that are low now and have all ready cashed out on the high.Constructing a portfolio of non-U.S.-based assets, particularly in developed stock markets, has both increased total returns and decreased volatility in bear markets as proven by history. In other words the bull US market isn't where you should be keeping the majority of your assets as the money has already been made=sell high. Move the profits to non US based assets while their markets are bear=buy low.

If you are worried about foreign investment then break down the investments into classes within the US market. Equities, or stocks; bonds, or fixed-income securities; cash, or marketable securities; and commodities. What is on the upward swing now and then compare it to the downward swing now all within the US market. Look at the historical trends. If one class has done well which class has done poorly during the same period. Has the opposite been true? If so perhaps a switch in classes you are investing in is more your speed. Sell the high preforming now and buy the low performing and wait for the bubble burst to float the low to high.

Last edited:

boontito

Future Staff
Jan 2008
Most Insidious

Nah, I didn't think you would. I'm just having a little fun. Remember the 2009 recovery when righties had a heart attack trying to say what happens in a president's first year is actually the effects of his predecessor's policies because nothing they do would have an impact until year two? Now, those same hypocrites are tripping over themselves to pile on first year adoration to the new president.

It's just funny. Gotta love that #TrumpCult. Always entertaining.

Reactions: 6 people
Mar 2008
Broadcast Depth

I bet if I had asked you what you would do if the Dow got up over 20,000 under Obama you would have replied RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!

Mar 2008
Broadcast Depth
Nah, I didn't think you would. I'm just having a little fun. Remember the 2009 recovery when righties had a heart attack trying to say what happens in a president's first year is actually the effects of his predecessor's policies because nothing they do would have an impact until year two? Now, those same hypocrites are tripping over themselves to pile on first year adoration to the new president.

It's just funny. Gotta love that #TrumpCult. Always entertaining.
Logic and hypocrisy aren't things for them. The lizard brain watches the television, and the television says masturbate publicly. So they masturbate publicly.

Except they have the gall to call it their "opinion".

Nicnam

Former Staff
Dec 2013
-
I agree, these idiots buy high and sell low. If you are fallowing the crowd you are always behind. You have to invest in markets that are low now and have all ready cashed out on the high.Constructing a portfolio of non-U.S.-based assets, particularly in developed stock markets, has both increased total returns and decreased volatility in bear markets as proven by history. In other words the bull US market isn't where you should be keeping the majority of your assets as the money has already been made=sell high. Move the profits to non US based assets while their markets are bear=buy low.

If you are worried about foreign investment then break down the investments into classes within the US market. Equities, or stocks; bonds, or fixed-income securities; cash, or marketable securities; and commodities. What is on the upward swing now and then compare it to the downward swing now all within the US market. Look at the historical trends. If one class has done well which class has done poorly during the same period. Has the opposite been true? If so perhaps a switch in classes you are investing in is more your speed. Sell the high preforming now and buy the low performing and wait for the bubble burst to float the low to high.
Sell everything and invest in Gold, someone highly suggested this last year - that's what they were doing.

Libertine

Apr 2015
Katmandu
I bet if I had asked you what you would do if the Dow got up over 20,000 under Obama you would have replied RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!!
I would have said you are probably right, eight years of near zero interest rates, anemic economic growth, and $14 trillion of fiscal and monetary stimulus will leave no other option for cash. But it really doesn't matter since the DJI isn't an economic indicator.