Huawei ban threatens US national security

Jun 2014
United States
From the US technology companies' warning to the Trump administration, it can be seen that 5G is the Achilles’ heel of US technology. Hence, China should give Donald Trump a taste of his own medicine by banning the export of Huawei 5G technology to the US. The biter is bit! :)

You aren't actually operating under the mistaken belief that Huawei is the sole provider of 5G wireless technology, are you?

Jan 2014
Earth
You aren't actually operating under the mistaken belief that Huawei is the sole provider of 5G wireless technology, are you?
My great friend, don't believe what I say but believe what the US companies say:

"U.S. technology companies have told the Commerce Department that the Trump administration’s ban on selling to the Chinese tech giant Huawei could significantly harm their bottom lines and might damage their ability to develop new technological innovations, including those needed by the U.S. military."

It looks like you haven't read the full article in my thread.

P.S. The US ban on Huawei sales is akin to cutting off the nose to spite the face. If Uncle Sam's blood keeps oozing from the wound because of an inherited bleeding disorder called hemophilia, then you will understand why his Chinese opponent will encourage him to keep cutting his nose, and even put all medicines away and out of his reach. :injured:

Last edited:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
I got through #1, which mentions bottom lines. First bullet point, mentions bottom lines.

I see, I see...

I read all of them, but let's not forget or miss where the true nature of this protest lies.

In the bottom line of monster companies on the other side of the globe...

Jan 2014
Earth
I got through #1, which mentions bottom lines. First bullet point, mentions bottom lines.

I see, I see...

I read all of them, but let's not forget or miss where the true nature of this protest lies.

In the bottom line of monster companies on the other side of the globe...
My great friend, here is another article to support my argument:

US fell behind in race to 5G, & why banning Huawei might not help at all.

Banning something that is already incredibly popular is harder than it looks.

Huawei is also coincidentally the frontrunner of the 5G race.

They are reportedly 18 months ahead of any of their closest competitors.

Not only is Huawei offering 5G equipment that is by most accounts CHEAPER and of BETTER QUALITY, they are also integral in the currently-implemented 4G infrastructure.

Which means that if countries do intend to tear down the Huawei infrastructure and start again from scratch, Tolaga Research estimates that a network replacement cycle takes about five to 10 years to complete.

That’s even more time wasted on rebuilding, and Huawei will in no way be out of the network anytime soon.

P.S. In other words, why reinvent the wheel?:)

Thus the very good reason for China to ban the export of Huawei 5G technology to the US is to make Uncle Sam fall further behind in the 5G race.

By the way, this also fully answers NightSwimmer's question. He can continue swimming but make sure no piranhas in the pool. :lol:

Last edited:
Jun 2014
United States
My great friend, don't believe what I say but believe what the US companies say:

"U.S. technology companies have told the Commerce Department that the Trump administration’s ban on selling to the Chinese tech giant Huawei could significantly harm their bottom lines and might damage their ability to develop new technological innovations, including those needed by the U.S. military."

It looks like you haven't read the full article in my thread.

P.S. The US ban on Huawei sales is akin to cutting off the nose to spite the face. If Uncle Sam's blood keeps oozing from the wound because of an inherited bleeding disorder called hemophilia, then you will understand why his Chinese opponent will encourage him to keep cutting his nose, and even put all medicines away and out of his reach. :injured:

So, I'll take that as a "yes".

I'm sure that component manufacturers in the US want to continue selling their wares to Huawei, but 5G technology is not exactly a trade secret held by Huawei. The risk in installing their hardware lies in the fact that they, like all Chinese companies, operate under the absolute control of the Chinese government. If they are ordered by their government to hack their equipment, they will. That said, their products are inexpensive, because they are built with slave labor.

Jan 2014
Earth
So, I'll take that as a "yes".

I'm sure that component manufacturers in the US want to continue selling their wares to Huawei, but 5G technology is not exactly a trade secret held by Huawei. The risk in installing their hardware lies in the fact that they, like all Chinese companies, operate under the absolute control of the Chinese government. If they are ordered by their government to hack their equipment, they will. That said, their products are inexpensive, because they are built with slave labor.
My great friend, don't be hoodwinked by your cult master into thinking that Uncle Sam is a saint or gentleman who has never betrayed all his friends by spying on them all the time. :love:

As for your so-called "slave labour", US multinational corporations are one of the main groups of culprits. Perhaps one day when you are wealthy enough to provide charity for the world (God will certainly reward you with "a special place in heaven", unlikely the miserable fate of Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau who is already reserved "a special place in hell".), you can bankrupt yourself by setting up factories with "fat paychecks and nice offices" for all poor workers in developing countries. :halo:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
My great friend, here is another article to support my argument:

US fell behind in race to 5G, & why banning Huawei might not help at all.

Banning something that is already incredibly popular is harder than it looks.

Huawei is also coincidentally the frontrunner of the 5G race.

They are reportedly 18 months ahead of any of their closest competitors.

Not only is Huawei offering 5G equipment that is by most accounts CHEAPER and of BETTER QUALITY, they are also integral in the currently-implemented 4G infrastructure.

Which means that if countries do intend to tear down the Huawei infrastructure and start again from scratch, Tolaga Research estimates that a network replacement cycle takes about five to 10 years to complete.

That’s even more time wasted on rebuilding, and Huawei will in no way be out of the network anytime soon.

P.S. In other words, why reinvent the wheel?:)

Thus the very good reason for China to ban the export of Huawei 5G technology to the US is to make Uncle Sam fall further behind in the 5G race.

By the way, this also fully answers NightSwimmer's question. He can continue swimming but make sure no piranhas in the pool. :lol:
Hi friend. Please support your own arguments (with me) using language, links don't always qualify as they expect me to provide energy to see your point when you can make it yourself.

Imagine if China banned Google. Oh wait. Oh wait. Oh wait... they have periodically over the last 12 years.

How is this different?

Answer: it is not any different.

I do not give 2 shits about what a foreign company is offering. And even though Trump is a national idiot, he does not either.

We do not need China or Huawei.

Whatsoever.

They (China) have drained our manufacturing core to a paltry sell-out crowd of Wal-mart goods.

5G technology is an open source technology and the last time I checked, we don't need China, or Google or anyone to realize this as an open world technology. Furthermore, the access of certain technology (if so wildly helpful to humans) should never be held by one group or government or nation as prize for doing 'good business'.

Huawei is under investigation by many sources here in the US, the UK, and various other countries - and as far as I'm concerned they can piss right the hell off.

Hope that is clear enough.

Last edited:

johnflesh

Former Staff
Feb 2007
I believe that is the case.

From the reading, that is.

When I saw how ignorant Trump is on the subject it made me squirm a lil, but he is older. So it's passable.
But to see how many people respond to this - as if they have a single credible need - to 5G has been insane.

5G is already offered in the US.
5G is not some technology owned by a single company.

It's an iteration in the platform.

I guess I could provide links but I said all that needs to be said. In context. lol