HuffPost Goes International: Introducing HuffPost Canada

jackalope

Former Staff
Jan 2010
Maine
HuffPost Goes International: Introducing HuffPost Canada

(snip ... )

HuffPost Canada (found at Huffington Post Canada) will provide readers with a turbo-charged, Canada-centric version of the site you already know, featuring our signature blend of news, opinion, entertainment, community, and information -- all delivered with our familiar look and attitude, and tailored to Canadian issues and perspectives.

Canadian politics and business will be at the forefront of our coverage, which will make the site a go-to place both for Canadians and for Americans looking to get some insight into their neighbors to the north.

HuffPost Canada also features a collection of bloggers sharing their opinions on all things Canadian -- everything from the country's new Conservative Party majority to the playoff chances of the Vancouver Canucks, the one remaining Canadian hockey team left in the Stanley Cup hunt.

Today's blog lineup includes posts from actress and author Meg Tilly on how she hopes to use blogging to get closer to her daughter, Carleton University professor Edward Jackson on what steps the New Democratic Party needs to take as it assumes its role as Canada's Official Opposition, legal expert Stephen LeDrew on the Boston Globe's misguided analysis of the recent Canadian election results, and comedian Steven Shehori with an "off-topic" interview with actor Paul Campbell.

more: Arianna Huffington: HuffPost Goes International: Introducing HuffPost Canada
For Seraphima, who is sick of so much American news on the site. :f_cool:

Jun 2006
Vancouver
Wow! Who knew Seraphime wielded such influence.

To be honest I am only dimly aware that there is a website called Huffington Post and I don't know if it is a portal, an opinion site or a politics forum or what.

I know that huff means to inhale gasoline, or furniture polish or whatnot, for a high - so I assume this site will successful in Winnipeg.

BOOH YEAH! Burn.....

Seraphima

Former Staff
Aug 2010
Wow! Who knew Seraphime wielded such influence.

To be honest I am only dimly aware that there is a website called Huffington Post and I don't know if it is a portal, an opinion site or a politics forum or what.

I know that huff means to inhale gasoline, or furniture polish or whatnot, for a high - so I assume this site will successful in Winnipeg.

BOOH YEAH! Burn.....
Please, like you didn't know I rule the world.

Also, I thought the huffing gas problem was in the territories?

And thank you Jack for bringing this to my attention!

Jun 2006
Vancouver
'Winnipeg' is like 'lawyers' - you can pretty mauch take any joke and just insert them as the punchline and everyone will laugh knowlingly.

Q What's the difference between a dead dog in the road and a dead Winnipeger in the road?

A There's skid marks in front of the dog

See? You could do that with lawyer, Winnipeger, or the race of your choice and it still works.

So anyway - is a Huffington North a good thing or a bad thing, and why?