Hunt Oil Signs Contract to Explore For Oil In Iraq

S

steezer

Hunt Oil ageed to become the largest oil company in Iraq to explore for oil since the war started. The story went on to say that Hunt Oil created Hunt Oil Co. to search for oil in the Kurdistan Region. The report indicated that Hunt has close ties with the white house. It makes sense since they are based out of Dallas Texas. It would not go further into those connections with the white house but I am going to keep looking into this. Seems pretty shady to me.

Hunt Oil signs contract to explore for oil in Iraq | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Business

D

DJay

Even though this is, by far, not the first oil company with stake in Iraq to have been exposed having connections with the white house, this is still disgusting.

S

steezer

This article appears to be legitimate and it explains the intricacies of the deal and how Iraqs central government views this. Iraqis oil minister called the deal illegal because it has not been approved by the central government. But the government is such dissaray, how can he say that. Maybe this is the push that is needed to get things going. I still don't like the white house connection. Still looking for what that connection is.:confused:

RIGZONE - Hunt Oil Skirts Baghdad, Signs Deal with Kurds

M

michaelr

This article appears to be legitimate and it explains the intricacies of the deal and how Iraqs central government views this. Iraqis oil minister called the deal illegal because it has not been approved by the central government. But the government is such dissaray, how can he say that. Maybe this is the push that is needed to get things going. I still don't like the white house connection. Still looking for what that connection is.:confused:

RIGZONE - Hunt Oil Skirts Baghdad, Signs Deal with Kurds
Here is an article that I put on my site this morning.....

Being a supporter of the John Birch Society, I don't like the way they portrayed them.

Oil Buddies

09.13.07 -- 12:40AM
By Josh Marshall
An article in tomorrow's Times reports that the long-negotiated compromise which seemed to be leading towards an Iraqi oil law -- a key 'progress' benchmark -- has apparently collapsed. All gone down the drain.

The story though connects up with another one we told you about just a couple days ago -- the decision of the Kurdistan regional government to sign an oil exploration deal with Dallas-based Hunt Oil, run by Mr. Ray L. Hunt.

The Shia and Sunni leaders believe the Kurds are opting for a sort of oil secession that puts them outside the whole concept of a law to share the country's oil resources. And the Hunt deal is apparently the straw that broke the camel's back, shall we say.

But remember, Hunt, in addition to being the son of legendary Texas John Birch Society extremist H.L. Hunt, is also a pal of the president's. Indeed, President Bush has twice appointed Hunt to his Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board. So while the president is striving to get the Iraqis to meet these benchmarks one of his own pals -- and more importantly, political appointees -- is busy helping to tear the whole thing apart.

V

Vortex

The Kurds are governing their region, they are not waiting on parliament to pass that "benchmark" legislation that the US & GB want so desparately. That legislation would give the oil corps 30 to 50 year leases and profits on top of production costs, said profits so high that the Iraqi nation would not see their fair share of the profits. That is the key hold up in the Iraqi parliament. The US backed prime minister and his cabinet support the legislation, the majority of the parliament do not and do not want to give up the profits which belong to the Iraqi citizens.

The Kurds have negotiated on their own, not waiting for direction or control from outside forces with greedy intentions.

F

Freedom for All

Wow. An oil company wants to look for oil in the country with the biggest oil reserves in the world.

Clearly there's a Bush related conspiracy going on here.

L

lakeman

Wow. An oil company wants to look for oil in the country with the biggest oil reserves in the world.

How many oil companies do you suppose there are? How many of the oil company heads do you suppose P. Bush knows?

So if you pick any company head at random the chance that P. Bush has ties to him approaches 100% ?

F

Freedom for All

How many oil companies do you suppose there are? How many of the oil company heads do you suppose P. Bush knows?

So if you pick any company head at random the chance that P. Bush has ties to him approaches 100% ?

So....if Bush knows 100% of the oil company heads, then you can claim that a conspiracy is afoot, with corruption galore, if ANY American oil company gets an exploration contract.

That's very convenient for you people, I must say.

(P. Bush? I thought ol' Prescott was dead.)

C

Chad750

Hell we are already giving close to 4000 of our nations finest to that godforsaken country, we might as well have something to show for it.

I pray to god that we take some of their oil to pay for this goddamn tragedy,
at least then the taxpayer will not be as burdened with trying to pay for this clusterfuck.

S

steezer

Its not a Bush related conspiracy. Its a fact that the company has ties with the Bush White House. No conspiracy. You are the one that brought that up. I was interested in the story and wanted to know what other people thought about it, and if they could shed some light on it.