Hunter Biden for John Bolton?

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
Should this be agreed upon? Seems as if it could be a sticking point? Or is it a ploy?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says Republicans could subpoena Hunter Biden to testify about his business dealings with a Ukrainian gas company if Democrats insist on having witnesses such as former national security adviser John Bolton testify at the Senate impeachment trial.

“We'll be dealing with the witness issue at the appropriate time into the trial, and I think it’s certainly appropriate to point out that both sides would want to call witnesses that they wanted to hear from,” McConnell told reporters Tuesday when asked about GOP senators who want Hunter Biden, former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, to testify.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Monday night said he will force a vote on subpoenaing Hunter Biden if Democrats insist on hearing from senior administration officials such as Bolton and Mulvaney. "My colleagues can’t have it both ways. Calling for some, while blocking others. If we are going to give a platform to witnesses the Dems demand, I look forward to forcing votes to call Hunter Biden and many more!” Paul tweeted.

Jul 2019
Atlanta
Should this be agreed upon? Seems as if it could be a sticking point? Or is it a ploy?

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) says Republicans could subpoena Hunter Biden to testify about his business dealings with a Ukrainian gas company if Democrats insist on having witnesses such as former national security adviser John Bolton testify at the Senate impeachment trial.

“We'll be dealing with the witness issue at the appropriate time into the trial, and I think it’s certainly appropriate to point out that both sides would want to call witnesses that they wanted to hear from,” McConnell told reporters Tuesday when asked about GOP senators who want Hunter Biden, former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, to testify.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) on Monday night said he will force a vote on subpoenaing Hunter Biden if Democrats insist on hearing from senior administration officials such as Bolton and Mulvaney. "My colleagues can’t have it both ways. Calling for some, while blocking others. If we are going to give a platform to witnesses the Dems demand, I look forward to forcing votes to call Hunter Biden and many more!” Paul tweeted.

The Hill is a poor source. Does this make sense to you?

Reactions: Panzareta
Jun 2007
Wisconsin

Well if they insist, I say go for it. I'm not sure how much Biden knows. Probably very little. Bolton on the other hand. Probably a lot.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
Lets make that deal, RFN, the difference here is the Democrat's witnesses actually heard and saw Trump's crimes, and Hunter Biden's crimes only exist in the minds of right wing nut jobs that believe everything Trump says like it is Gospel from God.

Jul 2013
Nashville, TN
WTF, Trump minions trying to scare Democrats by calling Trump's conspiracy theory mind meld "criminals" to testify about Trump's imaginary "crimes against him? Will they be calling Hillary to ask her about "The Dossier" and her connections to "deep state" operatives and Pizza Parlor owners? Can this trial be turned into a full blown three wing circus including Q and various and sundry right wing nutters to testify? Of course it can...

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
WTF, Trump minions trying to scare Democrats by calling Trump's conspiracy theory mind meld "criminals" to testify about Trump's imaginary "crimes against him? Will they be calling Hillary to ask her about "The Dossier" and her connections to "deep state" operatives and Pizza Parlor owners? Can this trial be turned into a full blown three wing circus including Q and various and sundry right wing nutters to testify? Of course it can...

I read where Trump really wants this trial to go on for a long time. He wants it like an episode of reality tv or something. McConnell and a few others have tried to tell him "not a good idea" but apparently he really would love a three ring circus.

Oct 2019
International Falls, Minnesota
Another case of democrats pissing on our boots and telling us it's rain. The VPs son being paid outrageous money to sit on the board of a Ukraine power company while his dad is the point man for the administration on Ukraine.

Jun 2014
United States
Lets make that deal, RFN, the difference here is the Democrat's witnesses actually heard and saw Trump's crimes, and Hunter Biden's crimes only exist in the minds of right wing nut jobs that believe everything Trump says like it is Gospel from God.

I agree. Hunter Biden is not a relevant witness simply because Trump and associates have been accusing him of being involved in some wild-eyed conspiracy theory, but I don't see how the Republicans could stand to gain anything by calling him as a witness. All he'd have to do is respond honestly to any questions that might be posed to him, since he hasn't done anything that is illegal.

Mar 2012
New Hampshire
I agree. Hunter Biden is not a relevant witness simply because Trump and associates have been accusing him of being involved in some wild-eyed conspiracy theory, but I don't see how the Republicans could stand to gain anything by calling him as a witness. All he'd have to do is respond honestly to any questions that might be posed to him, since he hasn't done anything that is illegal.
You know as well as I, that they just want Hunter (and maybe Joe too) so they can weaken them if they are the nominee. Even the Bernie Bros are claiming "Biden is crooked" or whatever. GOP wants to make that the rallying cry and make Biden look bad to split the lefts vote. 2016 redux.

Reactions: charleston2